Did you mean: 

Wait for CLI to post or do it

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wait for CLI to post or do it

@takeshi74 wrote:

@jake619 wrote:

Should I wait for the AMEX CLI to post to the CB's before applying befor either of these?   

AMEX is >$5,000 already, but would these banks care how much over $5,000 a TL was?  I know they like to see an existing TL >$5,000.

Do the math and see how your utilization would be affected.

@jake619 wrote:

Where were you an hour ago?!?!?! 

ALWAYS expect discussion forum sites to take at least a day for responses.  If you need a more immediate response then a discussion forum is the wrong tool for the job.

I cited my util although this wasn't a util question, maybe you missed that. And the other part was a joke.  Loosen up.  This isn't my first time.  

Message 21 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Wow, this is potentially huge! Or, maybe everyone else already knew this and I'm just slow -- which is always very possible.

Anyway, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post back updates! And best of luck to you.

For info purposes, how far do you live from an actual branch?

OK, so the automated system says declined.  Spoke to a rep.  He manually reviewed it while I was on the phone, then asked for clarification on a settled CO from 2008 (really???).  Seemed OK with the answer (the truth) and said he would submit the app for a manual review and that I would receive that determination in 3-5 days...

So, pretty much feeling like it's a no-go, considering that I'm quite sure this means they declined me for the fallback card as well.  But that's just the realist in me anticipating the worst.  I guess the CSP approval softens the blow somewhat, and FWIW, C+ was a bit of a long shot.  They pulled EX.

Perhaps the UW's will all get raises Friday, have a good weekend and come back ready to make somebody's day.  One can hope.....

Message 22 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I really hope so, jake!

Just remember to never give up! As long as you have someone on the phone plead your case and make sure they know you want into their bank and that since you are near so many branches you want to start evaluating their services. Recon until the cows come home. Someone will listen.

Recon, recon, recon.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 23 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
I really hope so, jake!

Just remember to never give up! As long as you have someone on the phone plead your case and make sure they know you want into their bank and that since you are near so many branches you want to start evaluating their services. Recon until the cows come home. Someone will listen.

Recon, recon, recon.

Oh I plan to.  Damage is done with the HP... nothing to lose now so I'll begin beating on them until I accept defeat......... or they cave.

Message 24 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Welp, not looking too good for Cash+.  Manual review declined.  I called in and had a nice chat with a rep, asked a bunch of additional questions such as where are my deposit accounts held now and would I consider moving them to USB and what CL I was looking for.  Kind of probing a little bit further this call.  She said to call back in 2 to 3 days and see if there is anything else they could do.

So like before, not too optimistic, a bit like Dumb and Dumber.... "So you're telling me there's a chance".  

Message 25 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sounds like they are interested in a banking relationship to help with an approval.

Edit: typo
Message 26 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Agreed.  I told them I would consider moving deposit accounts away from Wells, but since the the USB account I would open isn't free w/o the CC that it would be a deal-breaker.  I know direct deposit also waives some fees for lesser accounts, but I wanted to keep the focus on the CC being tied to a deposit account.  Any leverage I can muster here...  

Would I follow through with the deposit accounts?  Possibly.  After 21 years with WF they aren't doing much to retain me these days.  I can't say I'm with the ever-growing anti-WF group, they've never really jacked with me, but if it gets me an approval then I'd really consider the move.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.