Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait til dispute is over???

tag
DrDG
Established Member

Wait til dispute is over???

I have 1 baddie left on my report, but it's been paid and disputed and now I'm just wating for it to drop off. I'm very excited for my scores to change and to be able to start applying. As you all know, the bureaus can take up to 30 days to update your report. How do CC companies like Barclaycard, Capital One, and Discover treat applicants with 1 derogatory account? Should I just wait? What are typical initial lines of credit for someone with my scores (even though I am hoping they will take a jump once this drops)? Excited, maybe too excited to start gardening!

Rebuilding with goals of reaching 750.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wait til dispute is over???

I posted something for you in another Apple Visa thread

Message 2 of 14
DrDG
Established Member

Going to look now. Thank you 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "Luv button" is the credit line increase option that you'd click on your CC online account. You know, where you check balance, send messages, pay the bill, etc. As for applying to certain banks or stores I just go to their website and apply directly. I think if you link there through another website like credit karma or some of these other fako sites you may get added sign up bonuses on occasion but I'm not sure. I forgot to tell you that I also only got one hard pull on those 2 Barclay cards I told you about in the other thread.

Message 4 of 14
DrDG
Established Member

The more I read about the different cards and approvals, I am thinking the Barclay may definitely be a good choice, and the Walmart card also looks pretty good, even though I dont shop there. It looks like a great way to rebuild. I hear such great things about Discover that I surely hope to get my hands on one of those as well. What do you know about gas cards? Good idea? Bad idea? Looking to qualify for a mortage, and I hear store cards are not the way to go in that case. Would you agree?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for your questions in this thread if you are sure you have something dropping off your report in 30 days, I'd wait to apply for anything. You mentioned paying and disputing but you're aware that just paying something off doesn't mean it's coming off your report. It may just change to a "paid" status. I'm not as knowledgable as most of the people here about it but I believe that's the case.

Message 6 of 14
DrDG
Established Member

No you're right. It does not automatically drop off. You have to get an agreement prior to paying that they will contact the bureaus and report it as paid and have it removed. I probably didn't do the best job of explaining that but it's definitely a good idea to get an agreement prior to paying to ensure it doesn't just stay there. I will definitely be updating my scores once they change. I've got my fingers crossed that they will jump to the 700's (wishful thinking, I know) but I've read many comments where people's scores have sky rocketed in such a short period of time. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrDG wrote:

The more I read about the different cards and approvals, I am thinking the Barclay may definitely be a good choice, and the Walmart card also looks pretty good, even though I dont shop there. It looks like a great way to rebuild. I hear such great things about Discover that I surely hope to get my hands on one of those as well. What do you know about gas cards? Good idea? Bad idea? Looking to qualify for a mortage, and I hear store cards are not the way to go in that case. Would you agree?

I want a Discover too. What I like about the apple visa is that I wanted an IPad so I got one with it interest free and when it's paid off if there's no more Apple stuff I want I've heard many people say they got that limit moved over to their rewards card so I may do that. When I got these Barclays I figured my scores and my profile wouldn't support approval at some of the better banks. I'll garden them for a while and hopefully get the better cards. I'm okay with these for now. I recommend them, just try not to carry a balance because the interest rates are huge. Can't tell you anything about gas cards and the only store cards I have or want are Walmart, Macys and Amazon.  I don't know what mortgage companies look for but I'd agree that a bunch of store cards probably won't help you much.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As for your questions in this thread if you are sure you have something dropping off your report in 30 days, I'd wait to apply for anything. You mentioned paying and disputing but you're aware that just paying something off doesn't mean it's coming off your report. It may just change to a "paid" status. I'm not as knowledgable as most of the people here about it but I believe that's the case.

+1

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrDG wrote:

No you're right. It does not automatically drop off. You have to get an agreement prior to paying that they will contact the bureaus and report it as paid and have it removed. I probably didn't do the best job of explaining that but it's definitely a good idea to get an agreement prior to paying to ensure it doesn't just stay there. I will definitely be updating my scores once they change. I've got my fingers crossed that they will jump to the 700's (wishful thinking, I know) but I've read many comments where people's scores have sky rocketed in such a short period of time. 

Believe it or not, besides this $3200 collection I have right now, I also had a $287 collection from Sprint and when that fell off My TU score went up 54 points. I'm going to try to PFD this $3200 one but don't have the money right now. Maybe with my tax return.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.