cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait time for asking CLI with Chase...

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Wait time for asking CLI with Chase...

LS2982 wrote:  Does this count for someone upgrading to a Siggy from a regular Freedom?

Hopefully I'll be able to let you know soon.  I can't find any terms specific to the freedom signature, and none of the reviews mention the 5% category.  But I did find more than one unverified anecdote where people talked about registering and using 5% categories with a freedom sig.

The chase website doesn't differentiate between the freedom and freedom sig, but all I can find on the freedom confirms 5% categories.  I'm suprised no one here can confirm.

https://creditcards.chase.com/compare-cards?list=4,1&iCELL=682Q&jp_ltg=leftnav

Message 31 of 37
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

The 5% categories are the same...no difference. And I agree, I believe you will get approved. I didn't find out immediately either....
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 32 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:
The 5% categories are the same...no difference. And I agree, I believe you will get approved. I didn't find out immediately either....

Nice.  Thanks!

Message 33 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

Yay for the Chase EO, my Freedom Sig is on the way.  

Message 34 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

UPDATE - My card has changed online to a Freedom Signature, and it does still have ultimate rewards and 5% categories.

As far as the OP's question, I always wait a minimum of 6 months between CLI requests for all cards, but have had the best luck with Chase at 12 months.  If you have to give up a hard pull, better wait the full 12, and make sure your file is optimized, i.e. low utilization, no new accounts, etc.

Message 35 of 37
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats! Told you so...
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 36 of 37
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Great...Congrats to you p-

I am in no hurry...I can easiliy wait for a year..not really needing a whole lot on my freedom either. i'll keep charging this card for coffee, gums etc.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.