Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait time for asking CLI with Chase...

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Wait time for asking CLI with Chase...

Hello Myfico,

Please tell me what is the usual / proven wait time for asking CLI from chase? I am a new customer to chase, from earlier this month.

Thanks,

Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Wait time for asking CLI with Chase...

6-12 months, preferably 12
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
6-12 months, preferably 12

+1

Especially if you have lots of new credit.  Better if all of your cards are at least a year old.

Message 3 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Hello Myfico,

Please tell me what is the usual / proven wait time for asking CLI from chase? I am a new customer to chase, from earlier this month.

Thanks,

Code

Typically 6 months, and it is almost always a HP on your credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 37
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Wow...i guess only Amex and GE (the some limited number of other ones) qualify as "lenders" in being generous when it comes to extending credits and limits.

Cap 1 is same way...actually cap one is way more reluctant than others these days.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 5 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

That's because cap one generally deals with subprime customers. High risk customers and high credit limits generally mean trouble.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

What you get out of cap1 depends on what product you have.  If you have a subprime card or rebuilder card, it comes with hard limits.  If you have prime cards, the limits and rewards are much more generous.

It's almost like dealing with two different companies.

If you are rebuilding, and started with subprime cards, the only way to transition into prime is with an EO product change.

Message 7 of 37
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@p- wrote:

What you get out of cap1 depends on what product you have.  If you have a subprime card or rebuilder card, it comes with hard limits.  If you have prime cards, the limits and rewards are much more generous.

It's almost like dealing with two different companies.

If you are rebuilding, and started with subprime cards, the only way to transition into prime is with an EO product change.

p- i have the green cash back with cap1...is that a prime card?

I am not sure...I'll need to read up on prime vs. subprime cards.

Message 8 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

codesingh wrote:  p- i have the green cash back with cap1...is that a prime card?

I am not sure...I'll need to read up on prime vs. subprime cards.

Time to update your siggy; it says you have a plat. with capone.  I'm pretty sure the green cash with no AF is a prime card.  There are like 4 versions of the plat card, one being the rebuilder with a limit cap which is def. subprime.

If you browse the site and choose excellent credit, you can see the prime cards.  Note with excellent credit, the green cash is no AF.  If you drop down to average, it shows some plat cards, and a green with an AF:

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.