Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting over a month for a CC rant!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting over a month for a CC rant!

TLSmiley Very HappyR Waiting over a month for approved CC. Credit Union reps have different stories. Super Frustrated! Any suggestions for Compensation? 

Also if I put this in the wrong spot please forgive me and move it elsewhere. 

So..... Long Story here. Apped for a CC through my credit union on 5/7 and was instantly approved for the rewards MC $1000. (Highest limit). Called in to finish the process and rep told me I would receive the card in 7-10 business days (completely understandable). Well I waited the full 10 business days and no card Smiley Sad emailed CS and was told that my app was never sent to the card processing plant (umm what?) CS rep assured me that he sent it over and it will be another 7-10 business day with no option to rush (I asked).... Guess what I did waited the full 10 business days again... In the meantime the account started to show with my other accounts and I received my terms and conditions smh... Called on the 10th business day. rep said she doesn't know why I haven't received the card but she will put in a order and it will be 3-5 business days. said nope! I need a sup. Supervisor advised me that the card processor ran out of cards.... (again WHAT?) she said that they are currently processing cards and I would get it in 2 business days (Rush delivery, thought this wasn't an option) I said ok waited 2 business days no card called back spoke to another sup was then advised that it takes 3-4 business days for a rush delivery oh and someone has to be home to sign for (was never told this before)..... At this point I'm fed up and asked her ok what happens when I don't receive the card Monday 6/8??? She assured me that I will receive the card. Guess what yall???? Yesterday was the day I was suppose to receive the card and still no card uggggg. Called back spoke to another sup he calls the card processing plant and guess what someone decided to not send it Fedex but regular USPS. Sup gave me an option to cancel out this card LOL! and set it up with me and the card processor to pull a new card immediately and overnight me the card and I will have it Wednesday 6/10. I said what do I have to lose..... Go ahead. I asked him to call be back with a tracking number (Should get a call around 5pm today) So I was speaking with a friend about the non-sense and she said that they should be able to compensate me some kind of way. I have no idea how to ask for that  there is no AF on the card it's a 17.9% APR with a $1000 limit. Any Ideas or Suggestions?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Waiting over a month for a CC rant!

@Anonymous wrote:

TLSmiley Very HappyR Waiting over a month for approved CC. Credit Union reps have different stories. Super Frustrated! Any suggestions for Compensation? 

So..... Long Story here. Apped for a CC through my credit union on 5/7 and was instantly approved for the rewards MC $1000. (Highest limit). Called in to finish the process and rep told me I would receive the card in 7-10 business days (completely understandable). Well I waited the full 10 business days and no card Smiley Sad emailed CS and was told that my app was never sent to the card processing plant (umm what?) CS rep assured me that he sent it over and it will be another 7-10 business day with no option to rush (I asked).... Guess what I did waited the full 10 business days again... In the meantime the account started to show with my other accounts and I received my terms and conditions smh... Called on the 10th business day. rep said she doesn't know why I haven't received the card but she will put in a order and it will be 3-5 business days. said nope! I need a sup. Supervisor advised me that the card processor ran out of cards.... (again WHAT?) she said that they are currently processing cards and I would get it in 2 business days (Rush delivery, thought this wasn't an option) I said ok waited 2 business days no card called back spoke to another sup was then advised that it takes 3-4 business days for a rush delivery oh and someone has to be home to sign for (was never told this before)..... At this point I'm fed up and asked her ok what happens when I don't receive the card Monday 6/8??? She assured me that I will receive the card. Guess what yall???? Yesterday was the day I was suppose to receive the card and still no card uggggg. Called back spoke to another sup he calls the card processing plant and guess what someone decided to not send it Fedex but regular USPS. Sup gave me an option to cancel out this card LOL! and set it up with me and the card processor to pull a new card immediately and overnight me the card and I will have it Wednesday 6/10. I said what do I have to lose..... Go ahead. I asked him to call be back with a tracking number (Should get a call around 5pm today) So I was speaking with a friend about the non-sense and she said that they should be able to compensate me some kind of way. I have no idea how to ask for that  there is no AF on the card it's a 17.9% APR with a $1000 limit. Any Ideas or Suggestions?

lol...not happening.  Not everything in life is easy, sometimes you hit a bump in the road and you don't get compensated for it. I can't even imagine what it is you would be asking for anyway ????  Having a credit account is a business arrangement with a lender to borrow money. What are you going to tell them - that you wanted the credit line faster....no, not logical.

BTW, I wouldn't even ask the CU for money to compensate for the delay. You want to build a good positive relationship with the CU and not be a PITA to them IMO. You were good with your follow up and not too demanding (from your post).  Yes, they messed up, but so what. You have had the line reporting on your CR fully available so it has helped your utilization. If I had a missing card the only thing I would worry about is if it were sent to the wrong address - not how long it took to get to me.

Message 2 of 16
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

What credit union is this?
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 16
core
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Sounds like Diners Club formed a credit union.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

lol...not happening.  Not everything in life is easy, sometimes you hit a bump in the road and you don't get compensated for it. I can't even imagine what it is you would be asking for anyway ????  Having a credit account is a business arrangement with a lender to borrow money. What are you going to tell them - that you wanted the credit line faster....no, not logical.

BTW, I wouldn't even ask the CU for money to compensate for the delay. You want to build a good positive relationship with the CU and not be a PITA to them IMO. You were good with your follow up and not too demanding (from your post).  Yes, they messed up, but so what. You have had the line reporting on your CR fully available so it has helped your utilization. If I had a missing card the only thing I would worry about is if it were sent to the wrong address - not how long it took to get to me.

Yep that's what I was saying to her as well. I'm just like uggggg never had to go through this much craziness. Just glad to get it out... 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Credit Union of Texas

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Lizh0412: I hear your frustration regarding this situation. In my view, there is a certain level of professionalism that should be expected from banking institutions and what you went through sounds unacceptable IMO. I understand they are giving you a revolving line of credit, but still they should have some respect and do what it takes to make you happy. After all, you are a customer and they are a business. What you dealt with sounds amateur-ish to me in terms of how the CU handled (or didn't handle) everything.

Not that there is anything they can actually do to "make it right", but I would certainly feel like they owe me at least an apology and a solution instead of continued excuses for why the card is taking so long to arrive. If the situation were reversed, there would be very little empathy for your excuses to them if you ever had any issues, so the same should be expected of any respectable banking institution. 

I will give you credit for being super patient though. They say it is a virtue. You clearly have it! 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ Lizh0412: I hear your frustration regarding this situation. In my view, there is a certain level of professionalism that should be expected from banking institutions and what you went through sounds unacceptable IMO. I understand they are giving you a revolving line of credit, but still they should have some respect and do what it takes to make you happy. After all, you are a customer and they are a business. What you dealt with sounds amateur-ish to me in terms of how the CU handled (or didn't handle) everything.

Not that there is anything they can actually do to "make it right", but I would certainly feel like they owe me at least an apology and a solution instead of continued excuses for why the card is taking so long to arrive. If the situation were reversed, there would be very little empathy for your excuses to them if you ever had any issues, so the same should be expected of any respectable banking institution. 

I will give you credit for being super patient though. They say it is a virtue. You clearly have it! 

Thanks relentless602! To tell you the truth I am the most impatient person in the world! I just didn't want to cause a big stink with them. I'm really just wishing that they could train their agents a bit better after this fiasco. The last sup I talked to was really apologetic and said that this should have never happened but I think it was just the issue of being told different things each time I called. I would expect this from some big business like Walmart but not from a local credit union. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a small update. I received the original card that was cancelled yesterday evening by USPS smh..... But I did get an email from their card services department at 8:30pm last night with a fedex tracking number and the new card should be at my house around sometime this morning. 

Message 9 of 16
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I looked at their disclosures on their website. I hope they don't try and charge you the $35 rush fee they have listed in their disclosures. They also charge $10 for a card replacement fee.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.