Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waive Chase AF first year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waive Chase AF first year

Oh I know. Like I said. I have no problem with an annual fee. They really don't phase me. It's just be nice to have the first year free.
Message 11 of 19
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Maybe you can work out a challenge- ex. bonus points for 5,000 spend in 6 months, etc. 

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please elaborate jon
Message 13 of 19
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

I've never done one, but it's called "status matching" or a "status challenge." 

I know these links are for airlines, but the same idea applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zf57hAUtwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElQ9kmz9Jo

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/01/airline-status-match-and-challenge-information-for-2013/

***** http://thepointsguy.com/2014/06/how-do-you-complete-an-airline-status-match-or-challenge/ *****

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 14 of 19
Anam
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay second question. I requested expedited shipping Monday. Do they provide tracking numbers?

They expedite the Ritz cards by default anyway. You should get it pretty quick after approval.

Message 15 of 19
Luscher
Valued Contributor

+1 ^^ and it is a very impressive card. Have fun opening the nice packaging when it arrives
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 16 of 19
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay second question. I requested expedited shipping Monday. Do they provide tracking numbers?

They'll provide it if you ask...I know for sure that they do have the tracking number because a customer service rep gave me the UPS tracking for my CSP a couple of months ago. I think it's just a hassle for them to read you all those letters and digits, hence they dont lol. BTW, congrats on the Ritz card. I'm always scared to apply for it. The fee scares me away lol. I'm still here trying to grab the Ameriprise Amex Platinum.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I called in and they said the tracking number hadn't updated in the system. He said by the time the tracking number gets updated, it's already delivered, but I could call back tomorrow to get it if I desired.
Message 18 of 19
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah. I called in and they said the tracking number hadn't updated in the system. He said by the time the tracking number gets updated, it's already delivered, but I could call back tomorrow to get it if I desired.

Make sense...I got a tracking number when it took them 3 days to send my CSP. I thought the rep i originally spoke with made a mistake or something, so i called in. 

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.