Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiving capital one annual fee.

tag
matthallis
Valued Member

Waiving capital one annual fee.

So let me just say i only had this card for about 2 months and it had a 29 dollar fee .

Anyways i said why not give  them a call and see if i can have the fee waived? So i called and told the representative that I was just on the phone with somebody discussing about closing my account and she offered to waive the fee for me when the phone disconnected. She replied im sorry for that put me on hold for a minute or two and came back saying alright i will credit your account 29 dollars for the annual fee you should see it in 1-2 business days...Anyways thought i should share! lol

Gardening as of 7/7/2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Waiving capital one annual fee.

Congrats on getting the fee credited.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 5
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Nice!! Good job!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 5
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Is it waived just for this year or is it waived forever?
Message 4 of 5
Phizzle
New Contributor

Reads like just for this year.

I applied for the Cash Rewards with annual fee originally. I was also approved for BCE, Freedom and what was the More (now It). Needless to say, the one annual fee bothered me so I tried through chat, phone and social media to no avail. A couple months later I Emailed the EO and she not only permanently removed that AF, but she also removed the AF on my secured card I've had for some time without asking.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.