Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal Mart 24-48 hours ??

tag
rycoop
New Contributor

Wal Mart 24-48 hours ??

Hey, has anyone gotten approved for a Walmart Card with a 24-48 email follow up response? I just applied online and was wondering what the outcome was or if that's happened to anyone else.

Thanks guys! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Logical
Regular Contributor

Re: Wal Mart 24-48 hours ??

We will find out together. They said a response by email 24-48 hours and it has been four days now for me. They're late.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got the same message when I applied. You can call them and find out the app status. It is handled by GEMB and they are not very friendly at times. They lost my application once.
Message 3 of 22
rycoop
New Contributor

Did you get approved? Maybe I'll just call. I searched for a post before I put one on here and other person had the same question and never really got a straight forward answer other than.. CALL!

Message 4 of 22
moonman
Frequent Contributor

most people i know that applied for a walmart card usually gets a instant approved or decline response when applying online.i hope you both are approved Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Walmart app process seems to be strange. If you apply in store it goes to one dept. If you apply online it goes to another dept. They both dont seem to have any idea as to each others apps. When you call the voice message asks you to press 1 or 2 based on how you applied. I applied online and called. They said they did not have app and asked me to store and apply. I went to store and apped. They I got the message to call the 888 number to verify. I called the number and they asked my home address and said I am not approved. I gave up on the walmart card. GEMB is not very generous with CL and it is not worth my time.  I have sams business credit card and I can use that at WM also. So I dropped the WM card issue. Good luck to both of you.
Message 6 of 22
SWISSOATL
Contributor

I rcvd instant approval for $125 for the Walmart Card. I was scared to go for the Discover since they had just declined me weeks before!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 7 of 22
rycoop
New Contributor

I called... I was declined. Dang it.... I guess I'll just forget about Wally World cards and move on. I wish I wouldn't have risked the hit. Smiley Sad

Hope others have better luck than me.

Message 8 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Walmart cards are too stingy for CL. They are not really worth it any way. I'll not app for it again. I did waste a hard on it too.
Message 9 of 22
rycoop
New Contributor

I agree Concorduser!! Stupid WalMart. Smiley Happy Soooo... I wonder how hard it is to get a Sears card. Someone told me it was hard and that they decline A LOT... I don't want the sears Mastercard.. I just want to get a store card TL so I can try to get my scores up. Does anyone know who sears pulls and what your score needs to be?

Thanks!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.