Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart Cash Advance (UPDATE)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal-Mart Cash Advance (UPDATE)

I currently have a credit limit of $6,000 with $5,900 available. I tried to withdraw $100 at the register last week and it was declined. I was quite surprised about this so I went and pulled my last statement and it says my cash advance is $80. Shouldn't my limit be well above that? I called credit solutions on Friday and that phone call lasted 22 minutes with no resolution. It was escalated up and the manager stated that consumer associates (whoever that is) has look into this further and asked for permission to view my credit report. She was not sure if it would be a hard pull but why would something like this require a pull? Has anyone had this issue before? When I went on the chat the day it happened, the guys said anytime you credit limit is increase your cash advance increases within 48-72 hours. Considering I started out with a SL $400 back in June and my cash advance was $80, something is not quiet right here.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart Cash Advance

Very familiar. My Wal-Mart started at $150 limit with a $30 cash limit. I've received several clis and now have a $10k limit and for the longest time my cash limit was still $30. It just increased to $200 recently. I have no idea what determines it.
Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what's going on with your account, but with each CLI my cash advance limit increased too. I don't know how they determine this value. When my CL was $6600 my cash advance limit was $1320. Now that its 10k the cash advance limit is 2k. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the MC. I hope they are able to resolve the issue.

Message 3 of 40
baller4life
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

I'm not sure what's going on with your account, but with each CLI my cash advance limit increased too. I don't know how they determine this value. When my CL was $6600 my cash advance limit was $1320. Now that its 10k the cash advance limit is 2k. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have the MC. I hope they are able to resolve the issue.

Maybe it's different for the MC. I have the store card.

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have the store card as well.
Message 5 of 40
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

That's weird.  Mine was $100 for years with a $500 CL.  My CL is now $6K with a $200 cash limit.  It doesn't move much, but it should move.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 6 of 40
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a credit limit of $6,000 with $5,900 available. I tried to withdraw $100 at the register last week and it was declined. I was quite surprised about this so I went and pulled my last statement and it says my cash advance is $80. Shouldn't my limit be well above that? I called credit solutions on Friday and that phone call lasted 22 minutes with no resolution. It was escalated up and the manager stated that consumer associates (whoever that is) has look into this further and asked for permission to view my credit report. She was not sure if it would be a hard pull but why would something like this require a pull? Has anyone had this issue before? When I went on the chat the day it happened, the guys said anytime you credit limit is increase your cash advance increases within 48-72 hours. Considering I started out with a SL $400 back in June and my cash advance was $80, something is not quiet right here.

Sometimes it just sticks.   Usually the cashover amount is 20% of the CL.   However, it often remains at 20% of the initial CL.   My SL at Wally was $300 and the cashover limit stayed at $60, even when the card went up to a $5K CL.   In the past few months, the cashover limit randomly went up to $200.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't bother with it anymore. Got $60 once when the card was new and was declined repeatedly for subsequent attempts. Paid card off.

5 months later got $100 back, few weeks later tried for $60 and declined.

Once you get cash back once and have a balance, you will be denied for more cash in my experience. 

Message 8 of 40
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I never looked at it before today but my CL is $6K and my cash advance is $120. I have no idea what it's supposed to be

More than enough credit.
Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

I just called back because I was told 48 hours and I would receive a call. Been 74 hours to be exact. I called and waited 10 mins for a supervisor. I didn't notice the call had been disconnected smh. So I called back and cut straight to the chase I need a supervisor. He got my info and transferred me immediately. I got a nice older lady and she said hold on just one moment, I just had my supervisor do this on the last call. She came back on the line after 3 minutes and said your cash advance has been updated. I asked her was it 20% of the CL and she said yes its $1200. She also said that before supervisor did not have the ability to correct the cash advance but now they have the access to fix them for the cardholders so ask for a supervisor if you care to have yours increased to the 20%. Good luck!!!

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.