Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart Discover lower limit

tag
Icyx18

Wal-Mart Discover lower limit

Hi,

I was wondering how this is going to effect my credit, I had a Walmart Discover card that I opened over a year ago with a 1500 dollar limit, I only used the card once or twice and PIF both times, and never really needed to use the card again, so Today I login to my account, and notice that they lowered my credit limit to $124 dollars, and they said its due to inactivity. I called and questioned it, and ask if they could re-instate my limit, because I had planned on using it, and she said at this time my account wasn't eligible to be re-instated, At first I was going to cancel the card, but I figured that would affect my credit more than them just lowering the limit so I left it open. I currently have a score of 709EQ, Not sure my other ones haven't check them lately.

My credit history is only about a year and half long (only 19yrs old lol). I have 6 open accounts, No inquiries in the past year, No baddies or late payments on any accounts. The only thing that is really impacting my credit is my Bofa card 6k limit (and of course short credit history), and I have charged about 5,600 on it, although within the next month or so I plan to pay it down a lot. (It's actually my mothers card, she put me on as a AU, so I could use it for a computer, and things for school). 

Cards:

Cap One - 2k limit

Walmart Discover - $124 limit

Kohl's - $1000 limit

Target - $200 limit

Bofa - 6k limit (although Im a AU on the account it still shows on my credit report)

Sears - 500$

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal-Mart Discover lower limit

They did something similar to me. In July 2008, I got a Walmart discover with a $1750 limit, used it a few times and PIF.  Earlier this year they knocked my CL down to $750 where it still sits at.   I am not sure what the deal is with that.
Message 2 of 3
jcx808
New Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart Discover lower limit

My sams club discover had a 6250 limit, i just paid my balance of 4975.78 on it, and they decreased my limit to 200.  Anyone have any success on trying to reinstate the original credit limit?

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 725 EQ 746 TU as of 6/24/2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.