Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart MC 65 day wait????

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Wal-Mart MC 65 day wait????

Why does Wal-Mart say I will be getting my new MC upgrade in 65 days?? That's a really long time to wait!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart MC 65 day wait????

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Why does Wal-Mart say I will be getting my new MC upgrade in 65 days?? That's a really long time to wait!

Because that is the automatic time they are giving you to opt out. its anyone receiving the upgrade. not just you.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How was you notified of this upgrade?
Message 3 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

They sent mailers last week. Notifying people iof upgrades. Have 65 days to opt out and keep store card.
Message 4 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think it is default that if you don't respond to the offer in 65 days, then you get the upgrade automatically.  Did you call and accept?  I would think if you call and accept, then you would get it sooner.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would love to get this letter of upgrade!! LOO...I don't think my scores are high enough yet that though. Maybe next year on the the next go around.
Message 6 of 7
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

I think it is default that if you don't respond to the offer in 65 days, then you get the upgrade automatically.  Did you call and accept?  I would think if you call and accept, then you would get it sooner.

I called the number from the letter yesterday to decline the offer and even though the letter implies you should call that number to decline the offer, the system did offer me the option to "press x to decline or press y to accept" so it might actually be that you get it sooner if you call to accept (have the letter handy, they ask for the reference number) or it could be that it's a major replacement call (i.e., upgraded a lot of people) so they need time to print the plastic or whatever. Either way... OP should call and find out! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.