Valued Contributor
sailor_mercury

Re: Wal Mart Money Card Pre Paid VISA

Thanks for all the good ideas including Amazon Payments and Square.

Here is how it's gone down so far:

I activated the card and received email and text notifications from Identity Guard (I subscribe through Costco) that my Identity Information is being pulled and verified 2 mins later, LOL.  If I had the Idenity Guard app installed on my current phone like I did on my old phone I would have prob received a push notification as well, so congrats to Identiy Guard for doing what it's there for.  Also, there was no hard pull.

Thought I would prepay the balance of the card to my rent but turns out as of December 5th they have added a 3% plus $2.50 transaction fee to all credit card payments. 

I was able to close the Money Card account and they are supposed to mail me the balance to be received in 10-14 days.  I did specify I was closing the account due to service fees. 

I'll post an update when I receive the check.  Fingers crossed that it's the full balance and not a bunch of rediculous fees!

EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 05/24/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $3,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Valued Contributor
sailor_mercury

I received the refund check today for the amount of the card, plus the $3 purchase fee.  I was happy they refunded the purchase fee AND didn't take any more fees out.

Thanks everyone for your help!

EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 05/24/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $3,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Valued Contributor
FinStar

sailor_mercury wrote:

I received the refund check today for the amount of the card, plus the $3 purchase fee.  I was happy they refunded the purchase fee AND didn't take any more fees out.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Glad it all worked out in the end OP!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+