cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal-Mart ,Sam's, Penny's Card Holders?

valley_man0505 wrote:

I'm not so sure this is still true.  I think they may be in the process of changing this.  I hit the luv button after my 4th statement was paid and I got denied.  When I got my denial letter, the only reason it gave was that I needed to have at least 4 months of credit history before being eligible.  This obviously confused me since it had already been 4 months.  I gave it another month and then called to talk to a CSR about why I was denied even though it already was 4 months.  The CSR said he had no idea why the letter said 4 months because they only allow CLI's every 6 months, which is why I was denied. He said I should be safe to try again after my 6 month mark.  It kind of sounded to me like they changed the standard to 6 months, but the auto-generated denial letter was still reading 4 months.

I think it's safe to wait six months that's what I'm gonna do for now on. I'm tired of getting disappointed so for now on I will hit the luv button every six months.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 03-03-2009 02:42 PM
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had a Sam's credit card for the last 3 years with a CL of $750. I've always paid on time and even over the minimums. Two months ago, they cut my CL down to $510 which was $60 under my balance and charged me an over the limit balance. When inquiring as to why? I was informed that yes, you have made your payments on time and there is no problem with that but we checked your credit score and felt it warranted the drop in credit limit.Is there any recourse for this besides canceling the account when it's paid off?

Wow...I'm so sorry...I'd be FURIOUS if I had to pay over limit fees because they CD'd me!  I'm not sure what you can do about it other than complain to FCC or BBB...maybe write a letter to one of the executive officers at GEMB and Sam's?

I'm sure you'll receive better advice here...I just wanted to offer you my good wishes and let you know I feel your frustration.

Good luck

Message 22 of 24
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

maybe write a letter to one of the executive officers at GEMB and Sam's?

Contacting Sam's is the best move. Sam's claims to have superior customer service. Sam's already knows how lousy GEMB is. An adverse action by GEMB directly affects a member's spending volume at Sam's.

I wouldn't bother to write. I would simply phone Bentonville. The OP could go into a Sam's club and relate the problem to a customer service person. Those people absolutely hate GEMB. The bank makes life real miserable for Sam's club employees. They will be glad to help you throw the bank under the bus. They can complain only so much to their superiors themselves. They really like encouraging members to complain directly to Bentonville about GEMB's shortcomings.

One can ask the CSR for a phone number (Sam's Headquarters) to call. They are only supposed to call GEMB themselves and usually get the same run around the customers get.

Personally I would just call Cindy_Davis in Arkansas.  Simply tell Cindy's people what was posted in this thread. Smiley Wink 

Message Edited by CreditAble on 03-04-2009 12:23 PM
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAble wrote:

Contacting Sam's is the best move. Sam's claims to have superrior customer service. Sam's already knows how lousy GEMB is. An adverse action by GEMB directly attects a member's spending volume at Sam's.

I wouldn't bother to write. I would simply phone Bentonville. The OP could go into a Sam's club and relate the problem to a customer service person. Those people absolutely hate GEMB. The bank makes life real miserable for Sam's club employees. They will be glad to help you throw the bank under the bus. They can complain only so much to their superiors themselves. They really like encouraging members to complain directly to Bentonville about GEMB's shortcommings.

One can ask the CSR for a phone number (Sam's Headquarters) to call. They are only supposed to call GEMB themselves and usually get the same run arround the customers get.

Personally I would just call Cindy_Davis in Arkansa.  Simply tell Cindy's people what was posted in this thread.  smileywink: 

I second the recommendation to call Bentonville. (Is this a business meeting or something? Smiley Wink)

When I ran Customer Service at my tiny little Walmart Neighborhood Market (grocery store), customers would always complain about rising prices and why we don't carry "X" product anymore. I always told them that their best option was to call the Home Office directly. The big guys don't pay much attention to the little associates, but they will listen to the customers. After all, that's where everyone's paychecks are coming from.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.