Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart adress issue :smileymad:

tag
snowsurf7
Established Member

Wal-Mart adress issue :smileymad:

So I recently purchased a new iPhone 5 and decided that I would at least try for the WalMart store card for the financing. I was approaved on checkout and used it for the no interest finicaning avaiable so I could pay it off around tax time. Well that was 3 weeks ago and today I finally called to see why I havent received my card and was told "they never completed the adress so we couldnt send you anything" I was also told that my first statement had already cut and my payment was due!!!!! Of course at this point I am pissed off because my short credit history was almost runied!!!!!! I can't really blame GECRB because its not their fault but I am livid at the cashier who checked me out. Should I file a complaint and maybe even ask for some compensation or somthing? I know this post is all over the place but I am so pissed its unreal. :

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Wal-Mart adress issue :smileymad:

@snowsurf7 wrote:

So I recently purchased a new iPhone 5 and decided that I would at least try for the WalMart store card for the financing. I was approaved on checkout and used it for the no interest finicaning avaiable so I could pay it off around tax time. Well that was 3 weeks ago and today I finally called to see why I havent received my card and was told "they never completed the adress so we couldnt send you anything" I was also told that my first statement had already cut and my payment was due!!!!! Of course at this point I am pissed off because my short credit history was almost runied!!!!!! I can't really blame GECRB because its not their fault but I am livid at the cashier who checked me out. Should I file a complaint and maybe even ask for some compensation or somthing? I know this post is all over the place but I am so pissed its unreal. :

Wow! I didn't know you could complete an app without an address! I am impressed the account is open. I assume that you were able to pay in time. That being said, I would definitely get online statements (plus you get the free TU scores).

Message 2 of 4
snowsurf7
Established Member

Thats exactly what I asked the GE representative and he could not explain to me why it happened that way. I am so glad I decided to call because I was teetering on the edge of "well maybe store cards take longer" because I have never applied for one. 

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Message 3 of 4
snowsurf7
Established Member

@09Lexie wrote:

@snowsurf7 wrote:

Wow! I didn't know you could complete an app without an address! I am impressed the account is open. I assume that you were able to pay in time. That being said, I would definitely get online statements (plus you get the free TU scores).

I'll have to wait 7-10 days to recieive the card to do that but I definitely will be setting them up! thats pretty much the reason I applied for the card Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.