Established Member
snowsurf7

Wal-Mart adress issue :smileymad:

So I recently purchased a new iPhone 5 and decided that I would at least try for the WalMart store card for the financing. I was approaved on checkout and used it for the no interest finicaning avaiable so I could pay it off around tax time. Well that was 3 weeks ago and today I finally called to see why I havent received my card and was told "they never completed the adress so we couldnt send you anything" I was also told that my first statement had already cut and my payment was due!!!!! Of course at this point I am pissed off because my short credit history was almost runied!!!!!! I can't really blame GECRB because its not their fault but I am livid at the cashier who checked me out. Should I file a complaint and maybe even ask for some compensation or somthing? I know this post is all over the place but I am so pissed its unreal. :

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
09Lexie

Re: Wal-Mart adress issue :smileymad:

snowsurf7 wrote:

So I recently purchased a new iPhone 5 and decided that I would at least try for the WalMart store card for the financing. I was approaved on checkout and used it for the no interest finicaning avaiable so I could pay it off around tax time. Well that was 3 weeks ago and today I finally called to see why I havent received my card and was told "they never completed the adress so we couldnt send you anything" I was also told that my first statement had already cut and my payment was due!!!!! Of course at this point I am pissed off because my short credit history was almost runied!!!!!! I can't really blame GECRB because its not their fault but I am livid at the cashier who checked me out. Should I file a complaint and maybe even ask for some compensation or somthing? I know this post is all over the place but I am so pissed its unreal. :

Wow! I didn't know you could complete an app without an address! I am impressed the account is open. I assume that you were able to pay in time. That being said, I would definitely get online statements (plus you get the free TU scores).

Established Member
snowsurf7

Thats exactly what I asked the GE representative and he could not explain to me why it happened that way. I am so glad I decided to call because I was teetering on the edge of "well maybe store cards take longer" because I have never applied for one. 

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Established Member
snowsurf7

09Lexie wrote:

snowsurf7 wrote:

Wow! I didn't know you could complete an app without an address! I am impressed the account is open. I assume that you were able to pay in time. That being said, I would definitely get online statements (plus you get the free TU scores).

I'll have to wait 7-10 days to recieive the card to do that but I definitely will be setting them up! thats pretty much the reason I applied for the card :smileyhappy: 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}