Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart and American Express team up for a prepaid card

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart and American Express team up for a prepaid card

@Revelate wrote:

I can still buy a $400 dollar dinner with a $500 limit card.  Presentation doesn't take spending thousands of dollars at a single time Smiley Happy.

To the others: Amex is a publically traded company on the NYSE, beholden to their shareholders.  There's tons of money to be made by this move potentially, it's worth taking the shot on it though I agree they probably aren't getting their original pricepoint they would've liked with Walmart... most likely some fraction of the transaction fee is shared.

You are right about that, althought $400 would buy me dinner all year. For me, $500 would not be enough for the months, unless I was constantly sending payments which would be a hassle.

I do not really see the motive for this though. Walmart claims most customers pay in cash, so why would they decide they want a prepaid card so suddenly? I would imagine not that many people will get it, but I could also be wrong about that.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.