Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart credit card closed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal-Mart credit card closed?

how is this going to impact the mortgage hunt? My overall utilization will go up I know... Now I only have a capital one and hsbc credit cards...
Message 11 of 38
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Utilization is the only immediate factor, age will remain for 10 years Be Persistant explain that there has been activity... i'm sure you can get this reversed if thats the true reason
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spoken with 3 front line CSRs who have all said it is due to inactivity, I'll try the back door number asap. One told me to wait until I got the letter explaining this but I don't need the hit to my score for utilization increase right now. One step forward, four steps back. Grrr
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I never pay in full before the statement too many unknowns on what constitutes activity. Maybe their computer program that checks account activity only looks at reporting balance and if it sees a statement balance of 0 it assumes the card was inactive that whole month? So if you paid every statement so far to 0 before the statement cut the computer could have flagged it as an opened account that has never been used?

Definitely call and find out exactly how  they determined inactivity.

Message 14 of 38
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Front line are not helping go up the chain request a manager if the backdoor doesn't work
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will not reinstate the account. I tried the backdoor number on the sticky but it did not work. I am so frustrated!!! Any other options???
Message 16 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They will not reinstate the account. I tried the backdoor number on the sticky but it did not work. I am so frustrated!!! Any other options???

submit payment to the other 2 cards to balance out the loss of util.

sorry.

Message 17 of 38
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Can I ask you how long you've had this card?  And out of curiousity, what was the limit?  Thanks.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 18 of 38
boomhower
Valued Contributor

That just sucks, I wouldn't reapply just out of spite.  Two months is not inactivity.  Anything else going on in your credit file that could have spooked them?  It sure looks like they are just using this as an excuse. 

Message 19 of 38
Smug
Established Contributor

I have not used mine in 6 months still there.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.