Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart credit card closed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal-Mart credit card closed?

I logged on today to find that my wal-mart credit card was closed. I have no idea why, it was paid in full every month for the past two months. My credit score Tu08 is higher than it's ever been, 669 & higher than it was when I got approved. Why would they do this?!
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart credit card closed?

only GE would know why they did it.. give them a call maybe its a mistake Potentially there was adverse action taken perhaps a new collection, or potentially a late showed up from another account?
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 38
FrugalRican
Blogger

The answer you seek will be on the other line of the phone call once you ring in. Smiley Happy

Good luck!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 38
littlesister
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I logged on today to find that my wal-mart credit card was closed. I have no idea why, it was paid in full every month for the past two months. My credit score Tu08 is higher than it's ever been, 669 & higher than it was when I got approved. Why would they do this?!

I would call  !! A few months back they cl'd me for inactivity, but I called and they not only reinstated my limit, I also got an increase to 5000.

Good luck .

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

They closed it due to inactivity. The CSR said they attempted to reinstate it with no luck. She said I was welcome to reapply. Do I have any other recourse? This is horrible timing! Help!!
Message 5 of 38
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

When was the last time you used the product?
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

April 14th but paid in full before statement cut....
Message 7 of 38
FrugalRican
Blogger

You hadn't used the card in less than 30 days and it got closed?

That's "inactivity" for them?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have not had to mail a statement since February because I've kept.it paid in full. So maybe 60 days, but still! I feel like I'm being penalized for paying my bills.
Message 9 of 38
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Ask to speak with a manager or a senior agent You may wish to also try the backdoor number
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.