Reply
Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,240
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

@Jon Stur Congrats for you!! Thats strange that others arent offered upgrades when they have a high credit card limit. What was your store card limit when offered the upgrade?


$600$800$1,000$500(AU) $2,500
EQ FICO---, EX FICO---, TU FICO---, AAOA 5 months, Utilization 70%, No delinquencies of any sort.
Inquiries on EQ: 19, Inquires on EX: 30, Inquiries on TU: 21, Gardening Since 06-25-14
Frequent Contributor
AF_23
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

[ Edited ]

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@AF_23 you should just do a replacement card request through the automated system or just call them its not like they are gonna reject you. Be sincere and say "I'm requesting a new card beacuse i want the new design and dont want this ugly old one anymore" hahha


 

LOL :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: Wal Mart new card look!


AF_23 wrote:

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@AF_23 you should just do a replacement card request through the automated system or just call them its not like they are gonna reject you. Be sincere and say "I'm requesting a new card beacuse i want the new design and dont want this ugly old one anymore" hahha


 

LOL :smileyhappy:


I did it through the automated system and received a new card the next day. Turned out they just happened to be already sending me one, so I additionally got the one I requested a week later.

Regular Contributor
CotySinz
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-27-2011

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

They are sending this new card design because all of the old cards are GEMB - which is now GECRB they included a letter explaning that when I recieved my new card in the mail was sorta outta the blue I was like **bleep**?


Starting: 563 | Current: 753 (Walmart TU 11/12) | Goal: 800 | Garden since: 01/15/2013

Valued Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 2,770
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: Wal Mart new card look!


CotySinz wrote:

They are sending this new card design because all of the old cards are GEMB - which is now GECRB they included a letter explaning that when I recieved my new card in the mail was sorta outta the blue I was like **bleep**?


Mine says GECRB on it, but it is still the ugly old design. 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Established Contributor
JonStur
Posts: 902
Registered: ‎12-25-2010

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

[ Edited ]

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@Jon Stur Congrats for you!! Thats strange that others arent offered upgrades when they have a high credit card limit. What was your store card limit when offered the upgrade?


It was $ 4100 at the time...the other day I requested a CLI  on the website got 1200 more....


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,154
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

I actually love my Walmart Dscvr... The 15 cents off a gallon of gas is a pretty good deal. I've been using that and pif the past couple of months! Lol :-)

Jonstur... Was it after four statements that you got approved for that cli? It's only been two statements since I got a cli, but I have missed that "luv button" lololll!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Contributor
indiasnowden
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

I like the shiny orange one:smileyvery-happy:  But, my old blue one still gets me gas discounts and that colors me a very happy blue color.  The new blue card looks about the same shade as the new Bluebird.  Does anyone else think so?

 


Starting Score: EQ: 589 TU: 594 EX: 589 as of 5/1/10
EQ: 660 TU: 667 EX: 683 as of 3/5/2011 via PSECU
Current Score: EQ: 586 TU: 609 (walmart) as of 10/23/12 EX: 588 as of 9/8/12 Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
JonStur
Posts: 902
Registered: ‎12-25-2010

Re: Wal Mart new card look!


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I actually love my Walmart Dscvr... The 15 cents off a gallon of gas is a pretty good deal. I've been using that and pif the past couple of months! Lol :-)

Jonstur... Was it after four statements that you got approved for that cli? It's only been two statements since I got a cli, but I have missed that "luv button" lololll!

I hadn't had a CLI in like 7 months. I was shocked to actually see the luv button make its triumphant return!!!


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,005
Registered: ‎12-29-2011

Re: Wal Mart new card look!

Has anyone else gotten this email? Apparently I should be expecting a new card soon even tho I just opened my account a month ago. I guess I'll be getting their new orange card.

 

Dear ****,

Watch for your new Walmart® Discover® to arrive in the mail. If you already have it, activate your card by calling 1-866-888-3868.

As a Walmart Discover cardholder, you'll enjoy many exclusive benefits. Plus, you can use your card everywhere Discover is accepted!

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+