Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal Mart store card to Wal Mart MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal Mart store card to Wal Mart MC

got the letter that i have the offer to go to the Mastercard.. But i'm wondering a few things. Does my limit stay the same? Am i able to call in and ask what my limit will be? Also, will this be a new account on my CR. I'd hate to turn it down but i'm on month 4 of 12 months of no new accounts or hard inquiries.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Wal Mart store card to Wal Mart MC

I'm curious to see what the more experienced FICOers say. I have 3 Synchrony cards that can upgrade and I'm wondering when/if it's the right decision.
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

according to Synch it will show as an account transfer like a report of lost card and not a new account. i'll have to get further confirmation.

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My understanding is it will close your current card, no hp, but is considered a new account. Decision to do so all depends on your wants /needs. Many will say the rewards are not that great but it all depends on how you use it, do you have other cards that work the same etc.

When i started my rebuild i would have loved to get this card, its still nice since its Synch and their cli is very generous. But now as im getting better cards or at least cards that i can also use everywhere, its just not as important to me. Now ive been on a small spree as of late and im sure my aaol is gonna take a hit so if they offered me this right now id probably just take it. If in December, no chance lol. Its that zany world we called SynchronySmiley Happy Good luck with your decesionsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting. talked to a 2nd rep and this one said the same. wont report as new account..

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm definitely interested to see how this plays out for you. I have a Walmart store card but have not been offered the option to upgrade. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, after a little more reseasrch it appears u guys are correct. Thanks averageJoe for the heads up. Saw some older threads where members were hit with a new account. Had this card almost 9 years. So gonna decline so i can remain in the garden. Though this time last year i would have done cartwheels with that letter and accepted. Other than being idiots how in the heck could the CSRs at Synch not know this info. thank goodness for MyFico..The site helps in so many ways..

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well, after a little more reseasrch it appears u guys are correct. Thanks averageJoe for the heads up. Saw some older threads where members were hit with a new account. Had this card almost 9 years. So gonna decline so i can remain in the garden. Though this time last year i would have done cartwheels with that letter and accepted. Other than being idiots how in the heck could the CSRs at Synch not know this info. thank goodness for MyFico..The site helps in so many ways..

Glad you were able to get an answer before you took the bait.  AverageJoe is full of knowledge and always seems to know his stuff.  :-) I love this board.

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I agree, this board is amazing!. Really nothing to it just spent a little more time here so my knowledge comes from our fellow forum members sharig their experiences. I think that is the real key to succeeding here is to learn how to apply someone elses experience to oneselfSmiley Wink

On another thread i just made this comment lol, but it applies here . Seems Discover has a team of monkeys manning the keyboards qhile Synchrony employs dingbatsSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently got an increase on my Walmart card I am not counting on an increase when it converts. I think the peeps who do get limit increases are due for one anyway.

I feel like sending synchrony some Goodwill letters because I have three Walmart cards on my credit report and I never lost one of my card, but theyre on credit report. I also have a Walmart Discover that converted to a Walmart Mastercard but they closed. It still shows up on my login with a 2100 limit, can't access it, when I call CS they can't reissue or reincarnate. That would be sweet because it's like 11 or 12 years old
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.