Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart synchrony acting strange

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Wal-Mart synchrony acting strange

Synchrony has been acting strange this past week or out of the normal for them.  My statement cut on the 2nd,  My balance went from 1139 to 430,  a 62 % decrease.  The 430 balance that was on my statement reported to equifax on june 6th.   I put a charge of about 385 on the 3rd., a day after my statement cut.  So that brought up my balance to 794, a 85% increase.   Synchrony reported that balance today.  Synchrony seems like it reported my balance twice, which they have never done.  Also the day I put the 385 on my Wal-Mart MC ,  I get a automated phone call from the fraud department,  verifying that charges I made were valid.   They have never called me about my charges in two years.   So strange......

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wal-Mart synchrony acting strange

@ways2go wrote:

Synchrony has been acting strange this past week or out of the normal for them.  My statement cut on the 2nd,  My balance went from 1139 to 430,  a 62 % decrease.  The 430 balance that was on my statement reported to equifax on june 6th.   I put a charge of about 385 on the 3rd., a day after my statement cut.  So that brought up my balance to 794, a 85% increase.   Synchrony reported that balance today.  Synchrony seems like it reported my balance twice, which they have never done.  Also the day I put the 385 on my Wal-Mart MC ,  I get a automated phone call from the fraud department,  verifying that charges I made were valid.   They have never called me about my charges in two years.   So strange......

It can happen depends on the size of the charge, my small ones didnt trigger a second reporting but ones over 200 did and even if the charges didnt trigger a reporting mine always reported 2x a month if there was a balance.

Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

It can happen depends on the size of the charge, my small ones didnt trigger a second reporting but ones over 200 did and even if the charges didnt trigger a reporting mine always reported 2x a month if there was a balance.

really G?    

YOur Walart reported twice a month when you had a balance? Thats weird...or is it? Is it common practice now?

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

really G?    

YOur Walart reported twice a month when you had a balance? Thats weird...or is it? Is it common practice now?

Yup 9th and 25th like clockwork. Mid cycle doesnt happen to everyone, I have no idea why mine does.

Message 4 of 7
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Mine never had done that before. Only once a month and Always on the 2nd or 3rd. Never twice, especially a day after my statement closed and reported.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ways2go wrote:

I've had my WalMart and Sams club re-report my balance if it changed within a day or two after my statement cut.  My Amazon card has mid reported during cycle if I paid it down to 0, which I don't plan on using anymore anyway.  

Message 6 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

My WM card also reports  only once a month, 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.