Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart Card

tag
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Re: WalMart Card

Just remember, walmart isn't good to everyone.  I've had mine card for 4 years, and JUST got a CLI to $900.  Perfect payment history, no other recent lates, baddies.  My TU score has gone up from 550s to 670s, and they still won't give me a decent credit line increase.  So always remember, YMMV, because in some cases (like mine) you may miss the wagon.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 11 of 14
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@gijoe4500 wrote:

Just remember, walmart isn't good to everyone.  I've had mine card for 4 years, and JUST got a CLI to $900.  Perfect payment history, no other recent lates, baddies.  My TU score has gone up from 550s to 670s, and they still won't give me a decent credit line increase.  So always remember, YMMV, because in some cases (like mine) you may miss the wagon.

True.. YMMV.. but for the majority i would say they do grow with you.. That really stinks that you have only received one CLI in 4 years!! Especially since its a wally card! Did you try for a CLI in the past? or did you just rely on auto CLI's?

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 14
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

I have had 2 CLI's.  From $450 to $700 to $900.  And I have tried everything from automated CLI on the website, to on the phone, to actually calling underwriting.  And all underwriting would tell me is "denied!  you'll get a letter in 7-10 days regarding this decision."

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 13 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I have been thinking about getting this card for a while. I may go apply in store sometime in the next two months while all the holiday shopping is going on.
Early next year I want to apply for the chase disney card as well. I am just working on bringing my util down.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.