Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart Pre-Approved Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WalMart Pre-Approved Offers

Hi everyone,

I recevied a WalMart pre-approved offer in the mail today.  No annual fee and 11.87% interest.  It asks for me to fill out my name, birth date and SSN and return.  I am still deciding if I want to send in the acceptance certificate.  It does not give an option to accept online.

Anyone else have this card?  Any pros and/or cons?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WalMart Pre-Approved Offers

I had applied for Sams club and got declined then about 2 months later got pre-approval for sams club, so applied again and they approved with $1500... I thought that's really weird!
Then I filed bk same week and went to store to use my new sams club card and they closed it! lol
I just can't win with Sams Club Smiley Happy
I would apply for it!!!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card.

not bad.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.  I do go to WalMart for household products and for office related products so it could be useful.  I just like to hear everyone's opinion before making a decision. 
Message 4 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

We got the pre-approval letter yesterday.  It's good at Sam's and Wal-Mart, and issued by GEMB.

Honestly I can't see that this card would give me any benefits... all it does is give you up to a $60 cash back without ATM fees at a store, and $.03 off each gallon of gas if your local Wal-Mart sells gas.  The rate they quote is not guaranteed... that's the rate level for people who have excellent credit.

It might be good for others, I just can't see any benefit from this particular GEMB card.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:
We got the pre-approval letter yesterday.  It's good at Sam's and Wal-Mart, and issued by GEMB.

Honestly I can't see that this card would give me any benefits... all it does is give you up to a $60 cash back without ATM fees at a store, and $.03 off each gallon of gas if your local Wal-Mart sells gas.  The rate they quote is not guaranteed... that's the rate level for people who have excellent credit.

It might be good for others, I just can't see any benefit from this particular GEMB card.

agree. would only use if you know you would use it very much and that you would def get the 11.87 perc. cuz you have 720's or higher.
Message 6 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

netpanther wrote:

agree. would only use if you know you would use it very much and that you would def get the 11.87 perc. cuz you have 720's or higher.

Yeah.  I think if someone desperately needed to establish credit or needed a sure thing for UTI, this would be ok if they couldn't get anything else.  They don't even give you a tiny store discount or anything!  No free online shipping... nada.

But if GEMB has the same basic req's, I'd go for their Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Mens Wearhouse... lots more with GEMB... but something that would give me a few good perks at a place where I would shop anyway.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi my name is Mod Cut please i need a walmart credid card please send me a one

Welcome to the forums. For your safety and security please don't post personal information. You can use the PM (Private Message) option for that.

Thanks- MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 8 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

One plus is free Fico score every month.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.