Valued Member
webpixie

WalMart Pre-Approved Offers

Hi everyone,

I recevied a WalMart pre-approved offer in the mail today.  No annual fee and 11.87% interest.  It asks for me to fill out my name, birth date and SSN and return.  I am still deciding if I want to send in the acceptance certificate.  It does not give an option to accept online.

Anyone else have this card?  Any pros and/or cons?

Thanks!
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: WalMart Pre-Approved Offers

I had applied for Sams club and got declined then about 2 months later got pre-approval for sams club, so applied again and they approved with $1500... I thought that's really weird!
Then I filed bk same week and went to store to use my new sams club card and they closed it! lol
I just can't win with Sams Club :smileyhappy:
I would apply for it!!!
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1

I have this card.

not bad.

Valued Member
webpixie

Thanks for the information.  I do go to WalMart for household products and for office related products so it could be useful.  I just like to hear everyone's opinion before making a decision. 
Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

We got the pre-approval letter yesterday.  It's good at Sam's and Wal-Mart, and issued by GEMB.

Honestly I can't see that this card would give me any benefits... all it does is give you up to a $60 cash back without ATM fees at a store, and $.03 off each gallon of gas if your local Wal-Mart sells gas.  The rate they quote is not guaranteed... that's the rate level for people who have excellent credit.

It might be good for others, I just can't see any benefit from this particular GEMB card.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Valued Contributor
netpanther

SmartCookie wrote:
We got the pre-approval letter yesterday.  It's good at Sam's and Wal-Mart, and issued by GEMB.

Honestly I can't see that this card would give me any benefits... all it does is give you up to a $60 cash back without ATM fees at a store, and $.03 off each gallon of gas if your local Wal-Mart sells gas.  The rate they quote is not guaranteed... that's the rate level for people who have excellent credit.

It might be good for others, I just can't see any benefit from this particular GEMB card.

agree. would only use if you know you would use it very much and that you would def get the 11.87 perc. cuz you have 720's or higher.
Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

netpanther wrote:

agree. would only use if you know you would use it very much and that you would def get the 11.87 perc. cuz you have 720's or higher.

Yeah.  I think if someone desperately needed to establish credit or needed a sure thing for UTI, this would be ok if they couldn't get anything else.  They don't even give you a tiny store discount or anything!  No free online shipping... nada.

But if GEMB has the same basic req's, I'd go for their Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Mens Wearhouse... lots more with GEMB... but something that would give me a few good perks at a place where I would shop anyway.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
New Visitor
christian1123

[ Edited ]

hi my name is Mod Cut please i need a walmart credid card please send me a one

Welcome to the forums. For your safety and security please don't post personal information. You can use the PM (Private Message) option for that.

Thanks- MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

One plus is free Fico score every month.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}