Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart TU FICO...AUs?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

WalMart TU FICO...AUs?

We don't have a WalMart cc. I'm tempted because of being able to get the TU FICO. I could then cancel the TU Quarterly Monitoring we do here through MyFICO.

Question...is the FICO just for the main cardholder if it is an individual? Can an AU see their FICO? What if my husband and I apply jointly...do we BOTH get to see our FICOs?

I would appreciate any advice on the logistics of this. Also...better to app in store or online?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: WalMart TU FICO...AUs?

AUs cannot see their scores. AUs don't get their own online accounts or anything, they get a card, and then the PCH just has to pay the bill Smiley Tongue 

Store or Online: IMO Better to open in store (not any real benefit approval wise, except maybe being able to verify your identity) but if you open and charge a purchase of $100+ you will get $20 off. To do this after apping online, you have to link the application to a walmart account, and you'll be given a temporary account number, and you have to make the purchase online afaik. 

Message 2 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I see there is a WalMart card and a WalMart Discover card. Do you get to see the TU FICO with both of them? Do you choose to app for one or the other?

Message 3 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You will see it with both of them, but you don't choose which to app for. You basically app for both. 

You send in one app, they attempt to give you a WM Discover, if they can't they attempt to give you WM Store card, and then if they can't do that you're denied. 

from what I've read most people will usually see an upgrade from a WM to WM Discover within 1-2 years if you keep your account in good standing 

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would app in store, just like jsu said if they need any other info they can get it for you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.