WalMart TU FICO's are out for Nov

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: WalMart TU FICO's are out for Nov

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I think this site uses 98 and walmart uses version 04

No one is certain what version of TU that WM provides although it's probably safe to say that it is not the TU98 avaialble here.

Update: The TU score from WM is a TU08 score. I just found that out from a very reliable myFICO source.

Thanks for the update, no wonder why it wasnt matching other scores, Is there any place that tells you what scoring model  is TU08 the same as FICO 08?

Saw a good article on that on yahoo http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/104062/Default-Lines-The-New-Math-of-Credit-Score...

Message 31 of 39
IPersist
Established Member

My fico has me at 665 as of 11/08/2011 walmart place me at 749 as of November 4/11th. Something is not right here as my UTIL has increased and with an inquiry. My previous walmart score was 739.

Starting Score: EQ: 611 TU: 702 EX: ???
Current Score: EQ: 691 TU: 687 EX: 739(Amex) 709(PSECU unchanged since may)
Goal Score: EQ: 760 TU: 760 EX: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 39
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

john398 wrote:

Is there any place that tells you what scoring model  is TU08 the same as FICO 08?

http://www.fico.com/en/Company/News/Pages/01-29-2009.aspx

Message 33 of 39
john398
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Is there any place that tells you what scoring model  is TU08 the same as FICO 08?

http://www.fico.com/en/Company/News/Pages/01-29-2009.aspx

Thanks that link does not mention TU08 it does mention FICO 08 my guess is its one in the same

Message 34 of 39
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:
Thanks that link does not mention TU08 it does mention FICO 08 my guess is its one in the same

Yes they are the same thing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 35 of 39
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@nuggets321 wrote:

Booner..... I got to thinking about what you said about the Oct 4 and went and checked mine ... it too says Oct 4 and on the progress graph on the bottom, I have (2) October entries as well.... good thing is that it is a different score so I know it didnt just repeat last months info... I wonder if they know at GEMB ? I wouldnt even have the slightest idea who to ask? I wonder does it matter to anyone other than to us as consumers ?

Ive tried calling and emails to GEMB to get info on this FICO score and they all come back with non-answers.  So I doubt it means much to most anyone except those dedicated to the FICO.  Bummer.  Wish we knew which model, and wish they cared they have a glitch.  I'm not even going to try on this one. 

The "manage my account" website does have an email address to use if you want to give it a whirl.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 36 of 39
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Booner72 wrote:

Ive tried calling and emails to GEMB to get info on this FICO score and they all come back with non-answers.  So I doubt it means much to most anyone except those dedicated to the FICO.  Bummer.  Wish we knew which model, and wish they cared they have a glitch.  I'm not even going to try on this one. 

The "manage my account" website does have an email address to use if you want to give it a whirl.

The TU score from Walmart is officially TU08

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 37 of 39
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

The Walmart fico is 44 points lower than what I just pulled on here!!! It's a bunch of crap!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prettylady1 wrote:
The Walmart fico is 44 points lower than what I just pulled on here!!! It's a bunch of crap!!!

there are many flavors of fico, tu98 vs tu08. let's not even bring up auto or credit card enhanced fico products.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.