Re: WalMart card

@frogfan12 wrote:

Which WM card? Discover or regular?

The regular.

Message 61 of 70
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Do you not get to choose if you want to apply for a WM Discover? I don't really want the regular but on the app there appears to be no differentiation.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 62 of 70
irod1277
New Contributor

Not sure if I qualify for the discover one.  I app'd for a discover card recently & was told that I need a co-signer.  :-/

Message 63 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogfan12 wrote:

Do you not get to choose if you want to apply for a WM Discover? I don't really want the regular but on the app there appears to be no differentiation.

It's the same application. They'll consider you for the Discover first - if you don't get that, they consider you for the store card. But you can't just apply for the Discover card.

Message 64 of 70
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If your payment doesn't post, you can pay cash in the store and it will be credited the same day -- so you won't have a late payment. I always do my payments on the CC site, so it pulls from the checking acct. I believe it's faster that way. If your bank has to push the funds, it can take longer. At least that's what I've read here. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 65 of 70
irod1277
New Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

If your payment doesn't post, you can pay cash in the store and it will be credited the same day -- so you won't have a late payment. I always do my payments on the CC site, so it pulls from the checking acct. I believe it's faster that way. If your bank has to push the funds, it can take longer. At least that's what I've read here. Smiley Happy

I checked last night & the payment had posted on the 24th I guess it needs one day for the website to refresh.  So CS you're ok this time.  Lol.  Thanks for the advice though.

Message 66 of 70
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Glad it posted! I know how stressful it is worrying about a CC pmt posting on time. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 67 of 70
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

It's the same application. They'll consider you for the Discover first - if you don't get that, they consider you for the store card. But you can't just apply for the Discover card.

Boo that. I'd at least like the option. Although I wouldn't use it anywhere but WM, I think the Discover would just be the better of the two.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 68 of 70
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

That's what i was thinking too. I dont remember havign the option to choose between the regular and the discover. I got the regular card.

Message 69 of 70
learnin113
Established Contributor

Yup, you get considered for the Discover first, if you dont qualify then they consider you for the store card.  This seems to be the case for all or most of the GE branded cards.

Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.