Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally MC with Chip

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Wally MC with Chip

Hey folks, my new Wally card came last week and I used it yesterday to see how the chip would work.   I was surprised all I did was slip card into reader and hit approve amount.  We were done.  No signature needed.  Is this really how this is supposed to go?  I thought I would still have to sign?

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wally MC with Chip

Sounds about right. I believe Wallyworld requires signatures over a specific transaction dollar amount. You may not have been over that particular dollar threshold.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

where I live, any purchase under 50 doesn't require signatures.

Message 3 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Bah, I used my chip card in wallyworld the other day...it was such a pita because of the way the reader was situated. slot was on the bottom, but reader was only like 5 inches off the top of the self checkout thingy, so I had to like..bend down and find the slot to put it in with like no space to work with. Smiley Tongue 

Message 4 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used mine for a $125 and didn't have to sign at Walmart and $100 of that was cash over. Used my Sam's Mastercard with chip at Sam's for $147 and didn't have to sign.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I used mine for a $125 and didn't have to sign at Walmart and $100 of that was cash over. Used my Sam's Mastercard with chip at Sam's for $147 and didn't have to sign.

I don't know it's regional thing, but target, safeway, walmart or whatever store here does that 50 dollar thing, so only thing you gotta do is swipe, press ok for the amount, and then go.

Message 6 of 7
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use the quick cash feature quite often. I always get the max of $100. I never have to sign at WM or SC. I have both WM and SC MC.

I have way too many cards ...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.