cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart, $500 ...... :/

Contributor

Walmart, $500 ...... :/

I just applied online and was instantly approved for $500.

 

My lowest CL untill today was $1000.

 

This sucks and Im starting to feel like an idiot, maybe I should have waited more, just got AMEX gold card 4 months ago.

 

Anyone knows if a call to Walmart for a recon is viable?

 

Or do I have to suck this up for a year and then ask for a CLI ?

3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

The bad news is that a phone call to recon won't help.

 

The good news is that you only have to wait for four months...not a year.  Smiley Happy

 

Use it lightly, and enjoy your free TU score!


Gardening since 10 Jan 2018. Gardening until I hit 700 or 15 April. Whichever comes first. Smiley Tongue
Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
10/01/17 Fico8 scores: EX 660, EQ 647, TU 663
01/01/18 Fico8 scores: EX 655, EQ 661, TU 650
Message 2 of 40
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

Don't worry about the initial low limit.  With the GE backed cards, you can request a CLI every 4 months, with a soft pull only.  This card's credit line should grow quickly, and before too long it should easily be $1000+ also.

 

And, as tcbofade mentioned, you also get the free monthly Transunion FICO score.

 

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 40
Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

I guess that's not too bad.

Thanks guys!

3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 4 of 40
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

GE card tends to start low (my JCP card starts at $200), but if you treat it with care you should have no problem asking for more credit down the road.

Message 5 of 40
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

GE will grow with you as long as you:

 

-Pay more than the minimum

-Keep your util. down when asking for CLI's

-Ask for CLI's every 4th statement, any earlier will be a decline.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 40
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/


LS2982 wrote:

GE will grow with you as long as you:

 

-Pay more than the minimum

-Keep your util. down when asking for CLI's

-Ask for CLI's every 4th statement, any earlier will be a decline.


Hello, I was appoved for $400 Smiley Sad, oh well better then nothing...Anyways Im getting my new walmart card today or tomorrow i like to PIF will that hurt my CLI every 4months?

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 7 of 40
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/


Flying_High wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

GE will grow with you as long as you:

 

-Pay more than the minimum

-Keep your util. down when asking for CLI's

-Ask for CLI's every 4th statement, any earlier will be a decline.


Hello, I was appoved for $400 Smiley Sad, oh well better then nothing...Anyways Im getting my new walmart card today or tomorrow i like to PIF will that hurt my CLI every 4months?


Just call the underwritters directly..... 877.379.8173  I got a CLI from 600 to 2500 in 3months and only used the account once. People have luck with this number calling the day of the approval as well. This by passes all their automated systems and goes straight to the people who make your credit decisions (past normal supervisors) some even had luck going from 1,000 to 10,000 in a single call, just ask for a lot 5 to 10x your credit limit is not uncommon with this number.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 40
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/

I was wondering how the limit was established and how they review things.  They have told me every 6 months accounts are reviewed, but now it appears that even so I can possibly get it raised sooner and faster through properly maintaining the account and being proactive on it.  I hope one day that it simply becomes their Discover card version. 

 

I do like the FICO score aspect!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 40
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart, $500 ...... :/


bernhardtra wrote:

I was wondering how the limit was established and how they review things.  They have told me every 6 months accounts are reviewed, but now it appears that even so I can possibly get it raised sooner and faster through properly maintaining the account and being proactive on it.  I hope one day that it simply becomes their Discover card version. 

 

I do like the FICO score aspect!


with GECRB just call the number, people have been getting increases every 14 days with that number (can't believe they tried lol) but it's all a soft inquiry so it's fine. I would wait atleast 30 days tho


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 40