Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart 7-10 day...call them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart 7-10 day...call them?

DH just got the 7-10 day message from Walmart online app.  Should he call the backdoor number now, or wait for the letter?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart 7-10 day...call them?

I always say call!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call it never hurts.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so he called and they told him he was declined.  They said he would receive letter and wouldn't say anything else?  What should we do next?  Is there anything else we CAN do?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that well try again is 6 months.
Message 5 of 9
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Was it the standard "unable to verify identity?"  They declined me for that reason and the guy actually got a little ugly with me.  Demanded to speak to supervisor and that guy asked me a couple of questions and approved me over the phone.  Just 500 cl but hey, it helped.  From what I understand the "unable to verify identity" thing is pretty common with them. 
Message 6 of 9
NICKI183
Established Contributor

When you actually receive the letter I would give them a call.  I agree with the previous post.  I received my Walmart card with low 500's and a BK showing.   So call again and be persistant but not nasty.

Good luck
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think he will still have a chance once the letter arrives?  I think I read on a different that you only have a 72-hour window.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

southernficoaddict wrote:
Was it the standard "unable to verify identity?"  They declined me for that reason and the guy actually got a little ugly with me.  Demanded to speak to supervisor and that guy asked me a couple of questions and approved me over the phone.  Just 500 cl but hey, it helped.  From what I understand the "unable to verify identity" thing is pretty common with them. 

DH says they verified everything on the phone with him and then told him he had been declined.   They wouldn't tell him anything else except that he will receive a letter.  I guess it wasn't identity verification, but I can't be sure.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.