Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart AA (UPDATE!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart AA (UPDATE!)

Update:
So I've received the letter explaining why they closed my account. They've pulled Experian and the reasons are:

1. Low level of authentication indicative of ID Fraud
2. Presence of recently opened inquiry or too many inquires in the last 6 months
3. More than 3 inquires in the last 30 days

Strange, I know I have a lot of inquires but I believe the main reason is because they are trying to close down cards who they believe might be a victim of fraud. Looking at you Equifax.

Spoke with the representative, there's no way to get the account reopened and to only apply in the future. Also, they have been instructed to refer every caller to Experian regarding this issue.

Just logged on to my Walmart account and got the big red "Your account is now closed" ribbon on top. I think it's because of the new inquiries that I've gotten because of a car loan... Or it could be the excessive request for a CLI... Tell me what you think it is? I have 3 synchrony accounts but they only closed the Walmart account. I've never made a late payment and I've used it just last week.
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart AA

What is your utilization on the Walmart card and other cards?

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol it was for $7,000 and I only had $36 on the balance... My Amazon was for $6,000 @ $100 balance and CheapOAir for $8,000 @ 0 Balance.
Message 3 of 42
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

In my experience, Synchrony isn't inquiry sensitive...I would be interested to know what they're reasoning is unless it's from the frequent request for increases.  Please do share if you don't mind OP when you find out.  

Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea please let us know what they say

Message 5 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear Op.This will be important to alot of people here as many of us have a Wally and some of us use it less frequently than we should. Ive asked to move this to credit cards for better coverageSmiley Happy.

Whats your current TU score, has your report gotten any recent baddies, or sudden increases in balances on other cards? Thanks
Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, thanks for the reply. So my TransUnion score according to the Walmart website is 705. I haven't gotten any baddies at all, my credit is good besides just the inquiries and the new accounts, my utilization is literally at 0 percent now. I was planning to leave the 36 balance on my Wally card to report but I can't do that anymore lol. I'll post an update as soon as I get the letter! I'm guessing it's either the CLI requests or if it isn't the inquiries then it could be because I made a dispute with the CB about removing my brother's Wally account from my report as an authorized user because I have my own Wally card now.
Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity why did you dispute you being an AU on your brothers card? Just thinking out loud, but you may have burn some bridges with Sync on that one, could be wrong could not who knows.

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

You think so? I just said that I wanted the account to be removed from my report since I wasn't the primary account holder. I hope I didn't burn any Bridges with them by doing that.
Message 9 of 42
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I am very curious to see why this closed your account. Are you going to call and ask why? And if so if you could let us know. I know there seems to be alot of walmart credit card holders here.

Thanks

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.