Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart AU...who knew?

tag
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Walmart AU...who knew?

I added my kids as authorized users on my Walmart store card since they'll each be in college and will need random things at random times. Walmart sent me a card with their names. I just randomly checked my daughters CreditKarma account (trying to teach them early) and see that the Walmart Card is reporting for her. I didn't know that it would. It'll be great for her/their history and AAoA. An unexpected plus. Just sharing.....

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart AU...who knew?

Awesome...being an AU on a card in good standing is an excellent way for folks starting out in the credit world to gain some headway.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I plan on adding my kid to zync and discover when she is 15. I wish I could do it now but I cant. I want to lock in her amex membership date early!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 14
journey258
Frequent Contributor

The each have their own credit cards through USAA. The Walmart add was truly out of practicality and convenience. Kids in college are in constant need! It just saves me a trip to the bank lol

I didn't expect it to report for them though.  

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you added them as AUs did it ask for any information other than their names? I just added my DH as an AU on my walmart card but it only asked for his name so I didn't know if it would report.

It would be nice if you could get the AUs fico through walmart too!

Message 5 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you added them as AUs did it ask for any information other than their names? I just added my DH as an AU on my walmart card but it only asked for his name so I didn't know if it would report.

It would be nice if you could get the AUs fico through walmart too!

Some banks ask for their social, address, all that good stuff, others don't. Whether or not they report is up to the bank. I know walmart only asks for name, chase only asks for name too I think, and I'm fairly certain both report. The info they ask for doesn't determine whether they report or not. Your best bet is to always ask, either here, or a CSR, although sometimes CSRs don't answer correctly. haha. 

Message 6 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

I added my kids as authorized users on my Walmart store card since they'll each be in college and will need random things at random times. Walmart sent me a card with their names. I just randomly checked my daughters CreditKarma account (trying to teach them early) and see that the Walmart Card is reporting for her. I didn't know that it would. It'll be great for her/their history and AAoA. An unexpected plus. Just sharing.....

That is the goal of AU, gaining positive history on a long standing account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that some do and some don't. I was just curious if the OP gave any info other then names because I would think the would need more than a name to report. My husband has the exact same name as his uncle so how would they know which to report on?
Message 8 of 14
compassion101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know that some do and some don't. I was just curious if the OP gave any info other then names because I would think the would need more than a name to report. My husband has the exact same name as his uncle so how would they know which to report on?

I think name and address is generally enough to report accurately, no need for ssn. I assume they have his address since they had to send him a card.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do, but we recently moved and as of last week our new address where the card is being sent is not showing on his CR yet. I don't doubt they will find the right one I was just curious.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.