Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart/Amazon/Synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart/Amazon/Synchrony

Hello,

As per a member advice, I applied for Amazon store card, was approved for $1.9K. I called them and they increased it to $7K. So I thought let's give a try on Walmart store card CLI which was sitting at $800. I did some research on this forum and realized that it's a SP. I hit the LUV button for $10K and was approved. My question is, if I want to switch to Walmart MC credit card, what is the process? Will that require a HP? Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart/Amazon/Synchrony

When you apply for the walmart card they first check your credit for the MC, and if they cant approve you for that they try for the store card. Obviously you were approved for that one. Sadly the MC version is only upgreadable by invite. So unless they decide to offer it to you your stuck with the store version. You can always try for another one and hope you get the MC then, but you could also end up with a second store version.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Fluffybubbles. I just recalled that Walmart sent me an invite for MC less than a month ago and I already applied for a number of cards at that time so I just thought of letting it go and I discarded the invitation as I thought that it will be a HP which I didn't want. I think I should call Walmart and ask them if they have the invitation on record? Any suggestion? And if they send an invite, will they still do a HP? Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would guess they would be able to find the offer if its still availible. However as far as I've ever read they send a letter telling you they are upgrading and to expect the new card. Theres a number you can call to not upgrade but if left untouched will resault in an upgrade. Of course the credit world is ever changing so its possible they've changed it to where the offer is availible but you have to ask for it, which I would asume would be a HP. Sync seems to be fairly good at being able to tell you if you ask weather it'll be a hp or sp.

The one thing that is for sure is that when the card is changed to MC they close the old account and open a new one as MC. They don't simple change the existing file. So thats something else to think about.
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes whole new account . Congrats on all your recent successSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

As per a member advice, I applied for Amazon store card, was approved for $1.9K. I called them and they increased it to $7K. So I thought let's give a try on Walmart store card CLI which was sitting at $800. I did some research on this forum and realized that it's a SP. I hit the LUV button for $10K and was approved. My question is, if I want to switch to Walmart MC credit card, what is the process? Will that require a HP? Thank you.

Did you wait until you received the cards to request a CLI?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Averagejoescredit.

@Asgardian. I received Amazon card and after that, I called them, because you will have to provide them card no. As for Walmart card, I got this card in 03/2016 with CL of $600 and they automatically increased to $800. However, after experience with Amazon card, I thought of giving it a try as well, since it's a SP. In the case of Amazon, I called them. Rep told me that we can request CLI any time and that is almost always a SP. For Walmart, i did research on forums and requested CLI online.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.