Valued Contributor
oracles

Walmart App

I am thinking of applying for the walmart card to be able to receive the tu08 score every month.

My question is, with a util% of around 46%, no baddies at all on my report, just high util, do you think i will be able to get the card.

I know with major players like chase and citi, because of my high util%, i would not get a card which is fine by me. I just want the walmart card for the score.

Oh i only have 1 inq on 2 of my reports so that is not an issue either.

thanks everyone for your opinions and suggestions.

Valued Contributor
tcbofade

Re: Walmart App

Yes.

Current Scores: EX 694 (FCR) TU08: 650 Wally. 12/10/14
Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 06 January 2015!
Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Regular Contributor
Scope27

[ Edited ]

Im assuming you have a score in the 700's since you have a goal set to be in the 800's for this year.  If that's correct and with the history listed above they may offer the discover to you.

Valued Contributor
oracles

Actually because of some bills I accumulated, my fico score has gone down due to util but it still hovers around 723 which was a TU08 score I believe.

I really don't care if it's a regular store or discover, although it would be nice to have the discover since the limit would be higher, but I really just want the score

I don't even know if its really worth it. I just have been paying down my util and I wanted to see how my score will increase in each passing month
brandoncraig

[ Edited ]

I would recommend applying. I received a Walmart store card with a CL of $600 when I was just starting to build credit a little over 2 years ago. The CL has been increased to $2000 since then and I've been switched to the Discover card. With a score of 723 it should be an easy approval for you.

Valued Member
TBOY012

I got approved for the store card with TU score of around 640 and thats with several late payments, 2 charge offs and at the time had a CO on file although its gone now.

I would think with your score, you should be able to qualify for the Disc version

Starting Score: TU 630 (myFICO)
Current Score: 04/12/12 Walmart TU 650 04/01/12 LendingCLub pulled - 648 // 03/18/12 Ex - 610
Goal Score: ALL 3 700 by end of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
TeeandDee

With your FICO Score, I have no doubt you would be approved...probably for the Discover version. Good luck!

Slowly building....
Regular Contributor
Cyrion

Yes you will be approved. For some reason I applied for a second Walmart card a couple of months back and they gave me one, not a great limit ($800) but with a TU score of 660, with 88% util overall, and over 90% util on my other Walmart card they still gave it to me. Oh yeah and a old BK and the baddies associated with it still showing.

If they will give me one I don't see how they wouldn't give you one.

Valued Contributor
RyVision

Oracles;

You may up your chances by applying in store if you are near one and it's convenient for you.  That way you bypass a possible denial from an online glitch, such as your identity not verifying etc.  Just a heads up.

Established Contributor
teenastie

Oracles,

Although Fico scores are important in general, Walmart does not use them in calculating risk. They have their own scoring. If it helps your app finger I was just approved for a $700 CL instantly online, with a Fico score way lower than yours :smileywink:.

Good Luck!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}