Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Apply In-Store or Online?

tag
klrmac
Regular Contributor

Walmart Apply In-Store or Online?

I was thinking of applying for a Walmart card. Not sure if I should do the In Store or Mastercard...

I have a TU 609.

Is it easier to be approved for the instore or the mastercard? and also is it best to apply online or in-store?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Apply In-Store or Online?

Id get that score up higher before trying anything
Message 2 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

In my opinion it doesn't make any difference as a computer makes the decision and can't be reconed. As previous poster said your scores are to low for much chance of being approved. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 9
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Like everyone else said I would hold off on applying until your scores are higher. Also like Cold said, you cannot choose which card you get (at least to my knowledge) the computer chooses for you. In store vs. Computer should not make a difference.

Message 4 of 9
klrmac
Regular Contributor

Yeah I will hold off until I get the score up. I have a few things dropping off next month and december I hope will help.

What I meant by choosing which card you get, is on their website they let you choose which you want to apply for.

But what I was referencing too was if the chances are different applying in store vs online.

Message 5 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

No difference for Walmart, computer decides. Some Synchrony cards such as Care Credit it's easier at the provider.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 9
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

If you are dead-set on applying... In store is the winner, at least you will get a tote-bag or a 2 liter coke for apping.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@whipster

I told them i wanted a red bull.
Message 8 of 9
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Ok, It's been a minute since I logged in but wanted to drop a line as often as I see key topics where I feel my input is useful. 1st, I believe that credit cards that are store issued are easier to get than those displaying Mastercard, Visa, etc etc.. so to answer your question, you probably have a better chance to get approved for the in-store credit card. As far as applying at the store or the internet, I have personally decided that if I am going to be told NO! I would prefer my computer to tell me and not someone at the store looking at you with those eyes screaming LOSER!! lol anyways, I had to say that.. but good luck, I believe I had a score of 630 when I applied for the Walmart card at the time, but guess this, I got denied for the Apple store credit card.. so .. who knows.. Good luck!

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.