Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Approved!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Approved!!!!

Hi to all.I just wanted to share with everyone that I just got aproved for my First ever credit card. I have never had a credit card before. Always paid with debit or cash. I do have a mortgage from Nov 2010 and pd off car loan 7yrs ago. I decided being a new home owner I wanted a credit card just in case. I applied for the walmart and got approved for the Discover $1,800, Lowes $500, Hhgregg $1,700 all right after each other last night. I know they would pull my Transunion report which is 728 myfico and all Ge bank. I am so overjoyed my very first. I have been trying with chase but equifax keep messing up not removing a fraud alert when they keep saying they did.Finally.got confirmation via email so gotta call back.Chase in a few days advice if the recon depart to go ahead with the app
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Walmart Approved!!!!

Wow, very nice. Congratulations on the CARDS.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi to all.I just wanted to share with everyone that I just got aproved for my First ever credit card. I have never had a credit card before. Always paid with debit or cash. I do have a mortgage from Nov 2010 and pd off car loan 7yrs ago. I decided being a new home owner I wanted a credit card just in case. I applied for the walmart and got approved for the Discover $1,800, Lowes $500, Hhgregg $1,700 all right after each other last night. I know they would pull my Transunion report which is 728 myfico and all Ge bank. I am so overjoyed my very first. I have been trying with chase but equifax keep messing up not removing a fraud alert when they keep saying they did.Finally.got confirmation via email so gotta call back.Chase in a few days advice if the recon depart to go ahead with the app

BIG Congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 18
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Congrats!! I would try for a discover! Nice CL too! Also welcome to the forums!
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww thanks all I really appreciate the love so feel like doing cart wheels but ummmm not gonna happen lol........ @Jimmy9224 can I till try for Discover if I already got the one from walmart? So new to this and sooooo gotta learn how to use them to help me and my credit. Knowing me it will be difficult because of how I was raised and have always been. I hate owing any one and it will be hard to pull these cards out knowing I owe and I can pay with cash or as always use my debit card and be done. I have to train my self to be able to use these it makes no sense having them and not doing anything with them. I just have to study what to do to help me look better on credit. Open to advice from all whether good or bad................Thanks again all

Message 5 of 18
namvet
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new cards.  IMO i would let those 3 new cards age for at least 6 months before apping for another card.

Message 6 of 18
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Haha I understand your excitement! I was the same way.. Only liked using my debit or cash.. Only used my credit for emergencies, now I know how much income I have available for (gas,bills,misc) and use my credit cards for those to earn money back which my debit nor cash is doing for me Smiley Happy I also love taking advantage of the 0% interest on purchases, to pay over time (to treat myself lol) I did a lot of research myself! These forums have helped me into primeville. You may get as many discovers or visa or mastercards or Amex cards as you desire.. Don't get app addicted like many on these forums including myself! Try avoiding applications for atleast 6 months to a year.. You might however be approved for the discover more which has awesome cash back bonuses and generous CLs!
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks namvet and actually plan or or should I say I am done except my chase freedom app that before these I was in the process of getting but keep getting the run around from equifax about a fraud alert. Chase freedom was the only one I really was trying to get and I figured since I already did the hard pull on my EQ report for them and the Fraud alert was the problem I will continue to proceed with that app and ben done. By the if I did not mention before those cards approved for me was all TU 728 (myfico) and I am in Florida....I know some ppl like to have an idea of who pulled where

Message 8 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Awww thanks all I really appreciate the love so feel like doing cart wheels but ummmm not gonna happen lol........ @Jimmy9224 can I till try for Discover if I already got the one from walmart? So new to this and sooooo gotta learn how to use them to help me and my credit. Knowing me it will be difficult because of how I was raised and have always been. I hate owing any one and it will be hard to pull these cards out knowing I owe and I can pay with cash or as always use my debit card and be done. I have to train my self to be able to use these it makes no sense having them and not doing anything with them. I just have to study what to do to help me look better on credit. Open to advice from all whether good or bad................Thanks again all

Learn how to use the CC's as debit cards and pay your CC's with your money. Thats how I handle mine and it's worked out very nicely!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

+1 Congrats OP! Nice starting CL on the Walmart! but it sounds like a 'beware of trigger happy phase' warning is in order here, since it can be very beguiling but is important to resist- and for a number of reasons (hence the term originally coined by HTSU many moons ago and now widely used across credit forums: GARDENING)

Too many app in the beginning of a building phase invariably begins to result in lower limit approvals and eventually denials, while littering a report with inq and keeping AAoA at a stand still.

Creditors look for experienced card holders with the various types of credit managed well over time to begin to entrust us with higher limits, which in turn can help reinforce more favorable FICO outcomes, by keeping UTI in check, etc. Higher limits beget higher limits. Too many consecutive lower limit approvals can sometimes lead to 'low limit purgatory ' which to most is a situation worth avoiding.

Can use the new cards like debit cards, in fact, that is one of the best ways to do it! (PIF) simply pay balances in full every month. In turn you will be earning the benefit of stronger credit too, unlike if you used only cash or debit cards! GL!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.