Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Auto CLI after 10wks/3days

tag
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Walmart Auto CLI after 10wks/3days

GE finally showed ME some LUV, unsolicited! I opened my Walmart Card on 4/24 after applying instore, I was granted a $300 CL. Well this morning (7/6), I log into my acct to see if June TU scores are in (I chk my balances everyday online) an low and behold they auto CLI'd me to $1,200! Couldn't believe my eyes, WOW GE, I've had my Old Navy card for 3 years with the same starting $300 CL and not 1, no not even 1 auto or requested CLI? Go figure....I don't know there rationale, but I WILL accept it! Smiley Tongue

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Auto CLI after 10wks/3days

heck yea!! CONGRATS on the CLI, thats a pretty good jump right there, i wish theyd do mine like that lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

Do you normally carry high util?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
DM6410
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!!

Do you normally carry high util?

@ThanThank you, thank you...I never expected for GE to surprise me like this....Well, let me preface this by saying, I really don't shop at Walmart, I do most of my shopping @ Sams Club. I only applied to Walmart because I wanted the free montly TU scores and I knew I could use my card at Sams. Since my CL was only $300, I would do some grocery shopping and gas purchases a couple of times of month. I always PIF, however I paid my bill off everytime I used the card since the CL was so low and wouldn't allow me to grocery shop the way I would need to and with such a low liimit, it would have killed my overall utilization %. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 7
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Nice CLI!  No more need to pay every time. Good for you!

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 5 of 7
DM6410
Regular Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

heck yea!! CONGRATS on the CLI, thats a pretty good jump right there, i wish theyd do mine like that lol

Smiley Very Happy I know, You have to damn near beg them to give you $50 increase. I call abt every 6-9mos with my Old Navy Card and they tell me the same BS over and over abt old things on my credit report (we know they really don't pull current reports) which is why I can't get a CLI. But  honestly my teenage dgtr uses the card more than I do so, whatever Old Navy, in that aspect they are actually saving me money...LOL 

Message 6 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

That increase is looking real swellSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.