cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CC Instant Approval!! WooHoo!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart CC Instant Approval!! WooHoo!

Walmart is GEMB, and they have been BK friendly in the past. Both DH and I were approved for Wally-World cards in August 2007, with a 2001 CH7 BK. I believe our original cl's were around $150, so congrats on $500...that's a great starting cl!!!

Message 11 of 52
thedaveytrain
Valued Member

I've always found GEMB to be pretty good about approving, but be careful, they are pretty "inactivity" happy! They shut down ALL my cards last April, and some of them had only been idle for a month or two! Congrats on the approval.
01/25/10 - TU 709, EQ 729, EX 705
Message 12 of 52
jdsays
Contributor

@thedaveytrain wrote:
I've always found GEMB to be pretty good about approving, but be careful, they are pretty "inactivity" happy! They shut down ALL my cards last April, and some of them had only been idle for a month or two! Congrats on the approval.

Oh no!!  I guess I should buy a little something with the Old Navy card I wasnt planning to use often.  I dont want them to close it!

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 52
Red22
Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!Smiley Very Happy
Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 14 of 52
jdsays
Contributor

Congrats to you too!  And thanks for the great idea Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 52
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Just approved for Walmart  800cl and JC Penny for 350cl. (applied online).

Last night applied at Sears for store card, denied, reason - too many inq.  They pulled EX. No baddies and fico EX 744.  I was __issed.  Called recon twice, credit rep said they count 24 months for inquries.  I thought it was only 12 months for inquries. I asked how many inq. are allowed, said he could not give me that info but, I could reapply.  I asked what good would that be if I don't know how many inq. are allowed and that would only create another inq. making it worse.

I was so mad, I returned the merchandise already purchased and cancelled my two layaways at K Mart.

Message 16 of 52
msgudcred1979
Valued Member

I put sumthing in my cart, went to check out and got approved instantly for $600 walmart credit. Thanks. This is my first post.
Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you guys are making me want to apply too and I hardly ever shop at Wal-Mart!  (Only if it's past midnight haha)  How do you get the pre-approval offer online?
Message 18 of 52
matrixx
Established Member

I got an approval with a CL of $1000!  Just went online, put an electric blanket in my online shopping cart, and when I was checking out, there was a button saying that I was "pre-approved" for a card.  I clicked on that, and it came up with $1000.  This is my highest CL credit card.  It's only a store card, but that's okay cuz I shop at Walmart fairly often.

Credit Scores (as of 12/3/09):

EQ - 624

EX - 659

TU - 637

Message 19 of 52
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Nice, although WalMart's CLI's are lacking. I'm now 700+ on both TU and EQ and I still only have a 600 limit. Smiley Sad
ImageImageImage

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.