cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CC Instant Approval!! WooHoo!

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart CC Instant Approval!! WooHoo!

:smileysad:  Well I tried but I didn't get the pop up,smh.  Even though I didn't get the pop up I still applied & it came back advising that a decesion will be sent to me in the mail w/i 7-10 days, so I'm sure that is going to be a denial.  I don't get how they determine who gets the pop up & who doesn't if no social security isn't put in until after you click on the pop up?
Message 21 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABattle wrote:
:smileysad:  Well I tried but I didn't get the pop up,smh.  Even though I didn't get the pop up I still applied & it came back advising that a decesion will be sent to me in the mail w/i 7-10 days, so I'm sure that is going to be a denial.  I don't get how they determine who gets the pop up & who doesn't if no social security isn't put in until after you click on the pop up?

My guess is that the people who get it are people that have had registered online Walmart accounts and make somewhat regular purchases from them online.  Perhaps Walmart has softed them in the past and flaged the online accounts to offer it on their next purchase?  Just my guess though...

Message 22 of 52
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Well I've ordered material offline before but all together no more than $250 & that's spread out.  I just pray it was a soft pull on my credit now.
Message 23 of 52
matrixx
Established Member

I've ordered from them online a couple of times......the largest purchase I've made is a $180 TV.  They didn't ask for my social security number until after the "pre-approval" button came up.
Message 24 of 52
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I went ahead and applied a few moments ago.  got the 7-10 notice.  Will call in a couple days.  I really want this store card and this would be my only inquiry on TU.  I shop there oftern even though the closest Walmart to me is in NJ and I am on Staten Island.  I used to have a card with them but closed it back in 2005 due to the very low limit of $75.00!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 52
Smarter
Regular Contributor

My 19 year old daughter, who is a college student, had wanted to get a couple of cc's before the Feb deadline hits.  She was approved for a 300.00 student visa at US bank where she has her checking account.  I suggested she try for a store card also, and since she shops at Walmart alot, told her to give it a shot.  She went up to customer service and was approved for 1200.00!  I only have 725.00.  I was really surprised.  She has nothing else on her report and the US bank account is only 2 months old.
Message 26 of 52
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Just got off the phone with Walmart and was approved for $600.00!!!!! 

if anyone received a 7-10 day notice, it may be that they need to verify information.  The number I called was 1-877-969-3668.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 27 of 52
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I just got approved too. I also recieved the 7-10 day message but I called the number provided by the poster before me and all they needed to do was verify some information!

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Message 28 of 52
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know if the backdoor number people have used on this thread would work for CLI's? I don't want anything other than a soft pull but if it'll raise my CL, that would be great. I'm not carrying a balance right now, have had the card for about a year.
ImageImageImage

Message 29 of 52
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

It should be a luv button when you log into your account online. I just hit it a couple of days ago got a 75.00 increase. You can hit the luv button every four months.Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.