Walmart CC

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Walmart CC

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

If you can see it on your CRs, is it reporting as "Credit Card" or "Charge Card"?

Is the Walmart Mastercard not a credit card like the Walmart store card?  I've never seen anybody refer to it as a 'charge' card.

A charge card is the Platinum, Gold or Green Amex cards.

Exactly, thus my initial confusion.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

If you can see it on your CRs, is it reporting as "Credit Card" or "Charge Card"?

Is the Walmart Mastercard not a credit card like the Walmart store card?  I've never seen anybody refer to it as a 'charge' card.

Traditionally, yes.  But there are other major CCs and store cards that (a) do not revolve or (b) have a specific payment plan which are categorized as "Charge Cards".  One that comes to mind is Von Maur.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the WalMart credit card a couple nights ago and when i hit submit, the page basically just reset. All the info I put in was gone. I thought it was a glitch and put my info in again and hit submit. It said declined. I thought I was just flat out denied which kind of surprised me.

I was checking my Experian credit report today and there was a Walmart card listed. So i guess I was actually approved the first time! It said my limit was 1100. Do you guys think this will be the Mastercard or the store card? I was hoping for the Mastercard, but with such a low limit, I think it will probably just be the store card. What do you guys think?

Did you click on the Walmart M/C card app?  Did that with Sam's club.  I app'd for the regular card and went into the store and told them to close it because I wanted a Sam's M/C card instead.  You have the option of doing that if you get the Walmart card.  They seem pretty good about doing that.  

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Traditionally, yes.  But there are other major CCs and store cards that (a) do not revolve or (b) have a specific payment plan which are categorized as "Charge Cards".  One that comes to mind is Von Maur.

I seen this.  Never heard of this store.  But it does say charge?  So when you sign up for 12 months same as cash this would be considered a charge.  Because mine is reporting revolving account?  

Message 14 of 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the WalMart credit card a couple nights ago and when i hit submit, the page basically just reset. All the info I put in was gone. I thought it was a glitch and put my info in again and hit submit. It said declined. I thought I was just flat out denied which kind of surprised me.

I was checking my Experian credit report today and there was a Walmart card listed. So i guess I was actually approved the first time! It said my limit was 1100. Do you guys think this will be the Mastercard or the store card? I was hoping for the Mastercard, but with such a low limit, I think it will probably just be the store card. What do you guys think?

My sister received a 400 Mastercard.

This is how my Mastercard appears on my reports.

CreditKarma.com
SYNCB/WALMART DUAL CARD
Account Type: Credit Card
Term: --

Eqiufax.com
SYNCB/WALMART DC
Type of Account: Revolving
Type of Loan: Credit Card

Experian.com
SYNCB/WALMART DC
Account Type: Credit Card
Terms: Revolving

Message 15 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Exactly, thus my initial confusion.  Smiley Wink

In terms of reporting on CRAs, the term "Charge Card" refers to a private-label store card (PLCC) as opposed to a bankcard/major credit card (Visa, MC, etc), which are labeled as "Credit Cards" for account type.

"Charge Card" can also refer to cards issued that do not allow or are not designed for a balance to be revolved (Amex Green/Gold/PRG/Platinum, Sinclair, etc).  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.