Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI denied

tag
Croselx
Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI denied

I applied for my card on Oct 2012 and got approved for $1k. Called on December and asked for $1.5k (was buying something that would be near the initial limit) and got approved by UW. I called again 2 days ago and requested another increase to $2.5k and it was also an instant approval (after being softed on the phone).

I asked the rep if they based their increases at 4-6 month intervals and was told that there wasn't a specific amount of time to wait in order to get approved for a CLI. Basically, as long as your credit improves (or is mantained) compared to their previously pulled report you should have no problem with an increase. For onlline CLI you have to wait 4 statements before it works or it will say you don't have enough experience on your current credit line. For me it has always been a SP regardless of approach.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 11 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:
You nailed it.. I opened mine in Nov 2012 and after my 4th statement they bumped me from the opening amount of 600.00 to 800.00.. not huge, but they did it automatically without me knowing... I'm going to call them in 2 months or so and ask for 3k.. 

I also opened my walmart card in November of 2012 and have been waiting for the 4th statement to cut. I have only had two statements, with the third due out next week. How have you had four?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 17
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Hi all.
I've had my Walmart card for the past 2-3 yrs, and I can't get a CLI, should I call underwriting. The last phone request was denied but they used a nov 12 credit report. Since then my score has increased significantly, I'm tired of being stuck at 500, I don't Pif, but I have started paying the statement balances monthly & my overall utilization is like 35- 43%.

What do this guys think? Really want that cli

Thanks
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 13 of 17
Robertwd82
New Contributor

Yeah, call right now.  I hear you have better odds of a higher CLI if you call at night.  I had good luck when I called.

Besides, there is nothing to lose.

Message 14 of 17
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Robertwd82 wrote:

Yeah, call right now.  I hear you have better odds of a higher CLI if you call at night.  I had good luck when I called.

Besides, there is nothing to lose.

I think you get better odds at night because they are in India.  I had better treatment from India than I did with Atlanta!  I got India first and thought to myself it was not the right department, so I checked the number and called back and got Atlanta.  There they treated me like I was a second class citizen, the lady was condescending and rude to me.  I finally called bank a few times and kept getting Atlanta, they stick up for each other in Atlanta.  When I tried to mention the rudeness the guy that I got just kept defending the girl.  Finally I got India again and I must say I was treated so much better and they doubled my limit.  I didn't get the amount I wanted, but it wasn't bad considering I think the account had only been open 2 months, maybe 3, but I think it was 2.  I just didn't want a low limit dragging my score down or looking bad.  (I only now have one account that is doing that and I can't get their merger completed, so guess who that card is with!  It was a pain getting the other card from the buying company to a good limit!  Yeah, I too had to go through the EO!)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oddly enough, I get an error message when I try for a CLI online. It's been about a year, so I might try again on either the Walmart or Lowes card. When I get a CLI on one, the other seems to catch up within a few months. Yay GEMB...I think. :-)

Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

GE typically gives the big CLIs when you have shown good payment history and usage over a period of time.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.