cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI every 4 statements or every 4 months?

tag
cowphin
Established Member

Walmart CLI every 4 statements or every 4 months?

I searched the topic but I couldn't find an answer, so I figured I'd just ask outright.  I just got approved for the Walmart card with a $600 limit a little over a week ago.  I called the day I got approved to ask for a CLI and was told no.  I know it's common knowledge that Walmart grants CLIs every 4 statements.  But I was wondering if when people say "every 4 statements," if they're using statement and month synonymously, or if it's only after you let 4 statements cut?  I just worry because I don't shop at Walmart (there isn't one near me) and I applied mainly for the FICO score and the ability of the card to grow with me.  So if I sockdrawer it and wait 4 months will I be able to get a CLI, or do I have to try to buy something each month?  Also, since I received the card today, should I try one more time for a CLI, or just leave it alone?

Thanks!

Starting Score: TU: 633 EQ: 583 EX: 600
Current Score: TU98: 649 TU04: 664 TU08: 695 EQ: 616 EX: 643
Goal Score: TU98: 650 TU04: 680 TU08: 700 EQ: 650 EX: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI every 4 statements or every 4 months?

@cowphin wrote:

I searched the topic but I couldn't find an answer, so I figured I'd just ask outright.  I just got approved for the Walmart card with a $600 limit a little over a week ago.  I called the day I got approved to ask for a CLI and was told no.  I know it's common knowledge that Walmart grants CLIs every 4 statements.  But I was wondering if when people say "every 4 statements," if they're using statement and month synonymously, or if it's only after you let 4 statements cut?  I just worry because I don't shop at Walmart (there isn't one near me) and I applied mainly for the FICO score and the ability of the card to grow with me.  So if I sockdrawer it and wait 4 months will I be able to get a CLI, or do I have to try to buy something each month?  Also, since I received the card today, should I try one more time for a CLI, or just leave it alone?

Thanks!

Every 4 statement cuts.

I would leave it alone and get some positive history on the card before asking for CLI's. Also you should charge on it regularly if you expect to see it grow fast.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Just keep in mind that not every cardholder will qualify for a CLI at every quarter. Some are still waiting past the six month mark.
Message 3 of 9
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I got my first CLI after my first statement cut. 600 to 1800. I plan to call later this month after the third statement cuts. The worst they can say is no. 

p.s you should be able to use your card online. I rarely shop at walmart. The most I have spent is $50 on the card. I just use it to generate a statement. I got it got the free FICO although I have buyers remorse. My Walmart FICO is about 70 points lower than my TU 04 and TU 98

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I got my walmart card in november so my fourth statement is coming up. I will try online if I don't get an auto-cli, if no love then I may just call.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 9
kade6767
Contributor

I just got approved today for a Walmart card with a $700 CL. I do shop there sometimes and can use it online, I will have to monitor to this too and we'll see what happens since we were approved about the same time. I just think using it at least a little each month and paying it off still shows good credit. I just wonder if people have had good experiences with this card?

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 6 of 9
cowphin
Established Member

@kade6767 wrote:

I just got approved today for a Walmart card with a $700 CL. I do shop there sometimes and can use it online, I will have to monitor to this too and we'll see what happens since we were approved about the same time. I just think using it at least a little each month and paying it off still shows good credit. I just wonder if people have had good experiences with this card?

I'll defs try to keep this updated so that others can search and see the end result!  I mean, one of the only reasons I applied (besides the FICO) is because it seems to be almost unanimous on here that the Walmart card is wonderful and grows with you and a pretty steady rate.  I could be wrong about that and if I am then I hope someone will correct me, but that's what I often read on here.  People seem to be very happy with the card and its rate of growth, which I think is really good news to hear about a store card!

Starting Score: TU: 633 EQ: 583 EX: 600
Current Score: TU98: 649 TU04: 664 TU08: 695 EQ: 616 EX: 643
Goal Score: TU98: 650 TU04: 680 TU08: 700 EQ: 650 EX: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Walmart is backed by GE which is known for great CLI's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the backdoor # after being approved, no CLI for me either. Will try again after the 4th statement cuts. Thanks for the info!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.