Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI link gone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart CLI link gone?

Hi all,

So I logged into my Walmart/Synchrony account the other day and notice the CLI link was totally gone.. I can't find it anywhere. DH's walmart card account is the same way.. the CLI option seems to have just vanished from where it normally is on the account center.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Did Walmart/Synchrony decide to take away consumer requested CLI? Haven't experienced this with a CC before so just wondering what might be going on.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart CLI link gone?

They decided that since everything at Walmart costs a nickel anyway, there was no reason to allocate more credit-than-necessary to Walmart card members.

Message 2 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

It's not there when I just logged in.  Maybe a technical issue or maybe their just not accepting any new request at the moment.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.

But.....

I noticed they bumped up my credit limit automatically when the statement cut a few days ago which was around the same time I saw the CLI link vanish. 

Message 4 of 9
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

I have a Walmart Master Card and went to the website over the weekend to schedule my payment and noticed the same thing. So, I went to my Lowes Advantage account (also Synchrony) to schedule payment and checked to see if the CL increase option was there. It was not. I don't need a CLI but thought it was strange.
Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 5 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just checked both. The increase button is there on both Walmart and Lowes.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really bizarre! Seems like some people are seeing it and some aren't. I wonder if it is a technical difficulty affecting some people and not others. I wasn't really interested in trying to get a CLI right this moment as I had one fairly recently but It's just really weird that it has poofed.

Message 7 of 9
gabeerwin
Contributor

This happened with my Lowes card and was gone for a couple weeks... it is back now.  During it absense I used the chat and got the biggest CLI I have gotten on this card.  From $300 to $3000.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked myself. No CLI link. Requested an increase through chat and was told I was approved for an increase from $900 to $5000. 

Edit: Just checked AEO. The link was there. I was denied a CLI. I'm not totally surprised. It was recently upgraded to the AEO MasterCard and I haven't used it since.

Edit2: Checked CareCredit. There was a CLI link. Current limit was $6000. It asked what I wanted my new imit to be. I said $10,000. It gave me $12,000.

I want the Marvel card. I don't need the Marvel card, but I want the Marvel card, because Spidey... having a hard time not applying for it right now. I don't need another card right now. I don't need the inquiry right now. But.... Spidey....

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.