Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI question

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI question

@bellrod44 wrote:

I was intending on waiting until the 4 month mark, but I've been reading about people getting CLIs after 2 months.

@jamesdwi wrote:

Its a SP, but GE, the backer of the Walmart card usually doesn't give out CLI until you have had the card 4 months and usually every eligible, unless you call and talk to an underwriter,  number in the backdoor numbers. 

good luck, and definitely let us know how it goes. I was also tempted to request an increase!

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 11 of 28
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I was browsing online, and almost did the nasty, but stopped. This is the first Christmas in years that I'm ahead...and it's gonna stay that way!!!?!?!?!?? LOL...

Message 12 of 28
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

lol, I just maxed my card out buying a 47" lg 3d led tv. The next day I paid it off at the register, well all but 90 cents. I am thinking about calling the uw today and asking for a cli.

I didn't realize you could pay your bill in store. Is it at any register or just at customer service? Cash payment or debit or both? I bet it posts faster than online!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 13 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

It posts immediately, I think -- if not, then the next day. Any register, cash, check, or debit.

@snowkitty wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

lol, I just maxed my card out buying a 47" lg 3d led tv. The next day I paid it off at the register, well all but 90 cents. I am thinking about calling the uw today and asking for a cli.

I didn't realize you could pay your bill in store. Is it at any register or just at customer service? Cash payment or debit or both? I bet it posts faster than online!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 28
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

@bellrod44 wrote:

I was intending on waiting until the 4 month mark, but I've been reading about people getting CLIs after 2 months.

@jamesdwi wrote:

Its a SP, but GE, the backer of the Walmart card usually doesn't give out CLI until you have had the card 4 months and usually every eligible, unless you call and talk to an underwriter,  number in the backdoor numbers. 

good luck, and definitely let us know how it goes. I was also tempted to request an increase!

I called and got an increase a month after I got my card. They increased my walmart, amazon and Old Navy. I didn't know it at the time but I should have asked for more. I only asked for small increases because I was new to this and they did it with no problem...but now I see other people ask for double and triple cli's and get it. Good Luck!!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 28
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

It posts immediately, I think -- if not, then the next day. Any register, cash, check, or debit.

@snowkitty wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Check payments at the register are treated the same way as payments made online. When you use a check at WalMart it is processed as an EFT (which is the same process as paying online with a linked account)

Cash and debit transactions are not subject to the massive hold for multiple payments within 1 cycle.

Also any payments at the register have to be a completly seperate transaction. You can't say I want this, that, this, that, oh and I want to pay my credit card bill. You have complete the purchases and then make the payment seperatly or make the payment and then do the purchases.

(I have a 2nd job at WM as well as have thier card).

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 16 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

The main difference is that you can't make an online payment until a charge is posted to your account. You can make a payment at the register while it is pending. Secondly, I paid with a check and it posted the following day. You do have to know how much you want to pay ahead of time though, they can't pull up your account. They just ask you how much you want to pay. My payment was immediately pending, then posted the following day.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 17 of 28
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Was it the first payment of the billing cycle?

From my own experience from making payments when I called the Credit card side I was told that anything besides the first EFT in the billing cycle gets a hold. Doesn't matter if its $1 or $1000 it automatically has a hold on it....

Again emphasis is on the multiple payments. If you only make 1 payment a month, it doesn't matter how you pay it as it won't be subject to the hold period.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 18 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Not only was it the first payment of the billing cycle, but it was the first payment of the account....lol. Your point is duly noted, thanks for the info -- I will use it in my conversation with uw today.

My Wallet:
Message 19 of 28
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope you get the increase, let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.