Established Contributor
FloridaState12

Walmart CLI...soft pull, right?

So I was messing around with my Walmart account after hearing of people getting increases...I clicked the button, entered income and was expecting to be directed to another page to request the amount of increase, verify things, etc. and usually they make you click something saying you agree to give them permission to pull your credit...none of that. Entered income, hit next and got $1600 increase. 

This is a soft pull, correct? If it's not I'm going to be mad because it gave no indication it would pull my credit, or even that that was the last step in requesting an increase! But I'm pretty sure it's soft because GE would want to cover their butts with some sort of legal jargon you have to agree to before they pull your credit.

I have an alerting service so I guess I'll know for sure soon. Am I right to assume everyone else who got their increases were softed? 

I am happy about the increase, as long as it was soft! :smileytongue:

Photobucket
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Re: Walmart CLI...soft pull, right?

FloridaState12 wrote:

So I was messing around with my Walmart account after hearing of people getting increases...I clicked the button, entered income and was expecting to be directed to another page to request the amount of increase, verify things, etc. and usually they make you click something saying you agree to give them permission to pull your credit...none of that. Entered income, hit next and got $1600 increase. 

This is a soft pull, correct? If it's not I'm going to be mad because it gave no indication it would pull my credit, or even that that was the last step in requesting an increase! But I'm pretty sure it's soft because GE would want to cover their butts with some sort of legal jargon you have to agree to before they pull your credit.

I have an alerting service so I guess I'll know for sure soon. Am I right to assume everyone else who got their increases were softed? 

I am happy about the increase, as long as it was soft! :smileytongue:

Yup! Definitely a soft :smileyhappy: or even an internal CLI! Congrats! :smileyvery-happy:

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 718 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 809/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Congrats on the increase! All I have read here indicates SP.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Shogun

Absolutely it's a SP, and the beauty of it is, after 4 months, do it again!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Established Contributor
FloridaState12

Thanks guys! I was 99% sure it was soft, but I needed some reassurance. :smileyhappy:

And I will try again in a few months...as long as it's soft, what's the harm, right? lol

Photobucket

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}