Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

Walmart CLI

I opened my walmart account last year at Christmas ( $300 )  after 4 or 5 months Walmart raised my limit to $ 800.    Today I presses the "request an increase" button was jumped all the way to $ 875 Smiley Happy        Really a $75 CLI  !!     Weird amount but it still helps with my utilization %     

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart CLI

Walmart is issued by GEMB right? Why have you not been hitting the luv button every 4 months?

Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@konabill wrote:

I opened my walmart account last year at Christmas ( $300 )  after 4 or 5 months Walmart raised my limit to $ 800.    Today I presses the "request an increase" button was jumped all the way to $ 875 Smiley Happy        Really a $75 CLI  !!     Weird amount but it still helps with my utilization %     

LMAO... really thats all you can do is laugh and shake your head... UGH GEMB

Message 3 of 19
konabill
Regular Contributor

When I hit the LUV button a "request for income amount" appeared and I truthfully responded........No verification required.    So if I claimed some Bill Gates amount of income would I be given a larger CLI????   Computer formula based on "stated income"   seems a little like having the rats in charge of the cheese, IMO.

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 4 of 19
guydiver
Established Contributor

That computer generated request for income seems to be the norm for GEMB now when requesting CLI's. It pops up for my GEMB accounts now, haven't hit the button though due to auto CLI's recently. Going to give it a go next month on my Lowe's account.

Message 5 of 19
konabill
Regular Contributor

@konabill wrote:

@  Well its been 4 statements since my last CLI from Walmart so I hit the "request credit limit increase" button.   $100 CLI   I am now @ $975 Smiley Very Happy

Walmart increases very slowly but at least it IS MOVING............

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 6 of 19
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I'm wondering if the months are according to your statement or just months since your last CLI date 11/26/2010  > 3/26/2011 (a few more days from now).  Also, are you using the card at least once a month?  These were some of the things a Sr. CSR told me they look for in setting a CLI.

Message 7 of 19
tray
Valued Contributor

the highest cli that I requested online in which I recieved on my walmart card was $125.00, I just wonder how high of a dollar amount walmart would grant with online cli requests excluding automatic cli's?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 19
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

yeah walmart only gives cli online in increments of $125 every 4 months. I've had the card since February 2010 with a $300 limit then in July auto cli to $700 and november online cli request to $825 then just last week online cli to $950, It seems that is the only way it will grow.

amazon
Message 9 of 19
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

It appears the first CLI is a teaser (big jump), then all others are babystep limits.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.