Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLIs?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart CLIs?

I always PIF -- usually BEFORE the statements cut. It seems like not all GE accts are equal when it comes to CLIs. WM somehow seems harder to get CLI than ON.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 20
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@tcbo Was your overall util. high everytime you asked for CLI's?

Define "high".

Wait, never mind.

Yes.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tcbo LOL! anything above 10% is considered high.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 20
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I always PIF -- usually BEFORE the statements cut. It seems like not all GE accts are equal when it comes to CLIs. WM somehow seems harder to get CLI than ON.

That's what I do, too. As soon as I made a 6 month 0% interest purchase on Amazon they softed my TU. Two weeks later when I only made a partial payment and let a balance post, I got a huge (for me) CLI. The Amazon card seems good for easier to get, larger limits.

Message 14 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Has anyone hit the luv button more than every 4 mos? Have you had any success in getting a CLI more often than every 4 mos? Also wondering if you've ever gotten a Discover offer from the luv button.

I am really anxious to PC my WM store card to Discover. My TU FICO is over 100 pts higher than when I got the card, mostly because a CA fell off. I should have just waited 2 mos., but I was anxious to get the monthly FICO. Smiley Embarassed

based on what ive read on here people seem to be getting increases every 4 months from hitting the luv button. some get lucky some dont. I too have been looking at walmart for a store card being i do alot of shopping there.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 20
namvet
Established Contributor

I've received  3 increase in credit lines as requested during the 1st 6 months of card ownership.  Only PIF once during that period.  YMMV

Message 16 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@namvet Was your overall util. high on those CLI attempts?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart where is the luv button at??

Message 18 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Has anyone hit the luv button more than every 4 mos? Have you had any success in getting a CLI more often than every 4 mos? Also wondering if you've ever gotten a Discover offer from the luv button.

I am really anxious to PC my WM store card to Discover. My TU FICO is over 100 pts higher than when I got the card, mostly because a CA fell off. I should have just waited 2 mos., but I was anxious to get the monthly FICO. Smiley Embarassed

Im curious about that too. I just passed the 4 months mark since my CLI. I would love the Discover version too.

Message 19 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

100 points when a collection dropped, outstanding !!

I have a CO dropping off soon. Hope I have the same results lol

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.