Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CSR is dumb

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart CSR is dumb

@Anonymous wrote:

The Walmart TU FICO doesn't match my Transunion FICO from myfico.com.  Walmart's is from 9/6/11 and says 742.  It also said 742 for 8/29/11 after I first got the card.  Myfico has me at 715 for 9/7/11 and 717 for 6/9/11.  Nothing changed on my credit report in September.  I'm not sure they are both pulling the same info from the same place.

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

To add to what laz said the exact version of TU that WM offers is open to speculation at this time. Nothing official has been announced. The TU score here is TU98; the score from WM might be the newer TU04 or it might be..........we just don't know.  Smiley Happy

But it is certain that it's a true TU FICO score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 21 of 29
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

Yeah, I was kind of wondering how the CSR's intelligence factored into this scenario. =/

I opined that the CSR was dumb bc he thought that transfering me to TU would help me get an updated score.  GEMB buys those scores and they should know when they get updated.  It seems like some crazy weird secret that they won't tell which TU version they use - and they don't train their employees to answer a simple question.  Sorry if I offended - I have nothing against the guy personally  - it's GEMB  that I should have said was dumb.  I stand corrected.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 22 of 29
score_building
Senior Contributor

It can be frustrating when you speak to a front line csr since they are typically constrained by scripted responses. No doubt they're provided with limited training/ explanatory info about the ins and outs of the free FICO score GE/WALMART provides.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 23 of 29
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

So, as I was saying just the other day, patience is a virtue with this.... followed my own advice and skipped a day seeing in the TU FICO on walmart had updated and BAM !!

Up to 713 from 710.... not any great jump, but hey considering I just opened a new CC I will take it any day of the week....

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...I emailed Walmart using the online message feature and asked why the score they provided differed from the TU score on myfico.com.  Here is their response FWIW.

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Walmart® account, and the
opportunity to be of service to you.

The credit score we use was developed using industry modeling methods. This credit score

may differ from the one you obtain from a credit bureau.

We appreciate you as a valued Walmart® customer and hope you will continue to
shop with us. If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance,
please contact us via the Online Message Center."

Message 25 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So...I emailed Walmart using the online message feature and asked why the score they provided differed from the TU score on myfico.com.  Here is their response FWIW.

The credit score we use was developed using industry modeling methods. This credit score

It sounds like whoever read your message didn't have a clue what you were asking and just made up an answer.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 26 of 29
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like whoever read your message didn't have a clue what you were asking and just made up an answer.

From a BK years ago to:

I think it sounds like the question was automatically analyzed by a computer and a generic canned response about the scoring method was sent out.       Robot Indifferent

I.E. It saw key words "why", "score", and "different"  and then sent out the canned response on scoring method to blow off the customer.

They'll do anything to reduce the need for a warm body these days.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 27 of 29
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I went online today and sent 2 emails, one to tech department and one to some other department.  First thanked for the free FICO Score.  Second asked which version of TU they were using.  Maybe if all of us go online and send emails asking one of us will get a straight answer?  Or maybe Walmart will decide it's important to consumers to find out the answer and tell us?

Kinda hard to find the contact via email but it's there.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 28 of 29
Smug
Established Contributor

Unenroll than reenroll you can see your score instantly .
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.