Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card $.03 on Gas???

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Walmart Card $.03 on Gas???

I must be going crazy, but I was thinking the Walmart card gave you 5 cents off per gallon of gas.  But I just received an email from Walmart stating I can get 3 cents off per gallon at the pumps.  Am I going crazy?

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Card $.03 on Gas???

@BrokaToe wrote:

I must be going crazy, but I was thinking the Walmart card gave you 5 cents off per gallon of gas.  But I just received an email from Walmart stating I can get 3 cents off per gallon at the pumps.  Am I going crazy?

depends on the area...some even get upto 15 cents off!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 14
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Wow, interesting...I just looked at my welcome packet (I always keep all that stuff) and in there it says 5C off, but the email I just received says 3C...odd...

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that too...maybe a typo? The picture of the card in the email is the old design so they may be using an outdated mailer. It still says 5 cents on the Walmart website.

Message 4 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

It was 15 cents off thru Dec 24, 2012 in 18 states however that is no longer the case, where are you seeing it now for 15 cents off?

Message 5 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

It was 15 cents off thru Dec 24, 2012 in 18 states however that is no longer the case, where are you seeing it now for 15 cents off?

When I was traveling i seen it in a few state while stopping to fill up, but I think it was old signage b/c I didn't actually get the 15 cents off just the 5 cents. Really aggrevated me when I got all the emails about getting 15 cents off then a couple days later received another email saying its not in my area, but to still enjoy the 5 cents.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious but there are no Walmart gas stations in my area. Are they only in certain areas of the country?

Message 7 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious but there are no Walmart gas stations in my area. Are they only in certain areas of the country?

Have any Murphy USA stations in your area?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j_casteel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have any Murphy USA stations in your area?

None of those either. There are Sam's Club gas stations. Does the Walmart card work there?

Message 9 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes:

ArkansasMichigan 
Alabama*Mississippi
Florida*Missouri
GeorgiaNew Mexico
IdahoNorth Carolina
IllinoisOhio
IndianaSouth Carolina
IowaTennessee
KentuckyTexas
LouisianaVirginia

According to an old press release: http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2012/08/29/walmart-pumps-up-savings-on-gas-with-15-cents-per-gallon-discount

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.