Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card Comment

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Walmart Card Comment

Just applied online to get the TU score and was approved.  No TU score til I get the card.  I asked her if she knew which scoring model and she said she didn't know.  I also got RIPPED OFF and don't get the 20.00 credit because I was supposed to already have something in my online cart for that.  gggrrrr.

Did anyone find out yet which TU they use?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart Card Comment

@Booner72 wrote:

Just applied online to get the TU score and was approved.  No TU score til I get the card.  I asked her if she knew which scoring model and she said she didn't know.  I also got RIPPED OFF and don't get the 20.00 credit because I was supposed to already have something in my online cart for that.  gggrrrr.

I still haven't heard anything.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Yep I was pretty annoyed when I got the call in notice when applying online. I called in, gave additional information and was approved. Then the CSR informed me the $20.00 credit only applies to "instantly approved" accounts and they can not apply the credit to folks who need additional verification. I think that approach is a sham.

Message 3 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Yep I was pretty annoyed when I got the call in notice when applying online. I called in, gave additional information and was approved. Then the CSR informed me the $20.00 credit only applies to "instantly approved" accounts and they can not apply the credit to folks who need additional verification. I think that approach is a sham.

That's total BS!  I was instantly approved and NO 20.00!  F words

Message 4 of 6
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

That's total BS!  I was instantly approved and NO 20.00!  F words

BUT...You now get a FREE TU FICO score every month!  Did I mention FREE?  lol  Smiley Very Happy

That is a little shady though....

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Oh I know.  Free is free - and from all I've read here I'd bet money it's the TU04.  It's the only reason I even applied (oh yeah, besides the fact that now that my house is bought I don't have to put my whole credit life on PAUSE anymore!)  Freedom to dispute!  Freedom to apply!  aaahhhh  the joy of freedom to mess w/ my credit reports!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.